Technical problems with uTS

Firon

Dear administrator,

I already translated 100% strings in Nepali language, but while testing it I found that there are still some strings yet to be translated, which are not there in the Translation System. Some of the examples I want to provide you for the reference are:

- Start µTorrent when Windows starts

- Only transfer when system is idle

- When µTorrent Reaches the Seeding Goal

- Enable µTorrent Remote Access

- µTorrent Help

- µTorrent FAQ

- µTorrent Webpage

- µTorrent Forums

- About µTorrent, etc.

Hope it will be solved soon.. :) Thanks..

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I already translated 100% strings in Nepali language, but while testing it I found that there are still some strings yet to be translated, which are not there in the Translation System.

atleast these strings which you mentioning is translatable, only new translation system ignores them :) with old system they were translatable :)

about duplicates:

i see

ID: DLG_ADDPRE_29 Waiting for Torrent Information

ID: DLG_ADDPRE_PLUS_32 Waiting for Torrent Information

if i translate first one(id DLG_ADDPRE_29) system won't submit it(if i press "submit changes" nothing happens) i need to translate second one, only then both strings become translated... definitely bug.

about duplicates:

i see

ID: DLG_ADDPRE_29 Waiting for Torrent Information

ID: DLG_ADDPRE_PLUS_32 Waiting for Torrent Information

if i translate first one(id DLG_ADDPRE_29) system won't submit it(if i press "submit changes" nothing happens) i need to translate second one, only then both strings become translated... definitely bug.

Okay, I think I've figured out a fix for that. Stupid bug.

Will have the fix uploaded in 15-20 minutes or so.

Besides that, has anyone tried submitting a language file? It worked when I tested it, but need to hear from you guys that it does.

Dear administrator,

I already translated 100% strings in Nepali language, but while testing it I found that there are still some strings yet to be translated, which are not there in the Translation System. Some of the examples I want to provide you for the reference are:

- Start µTorrent when Windows starts

- Only transfer when system is idle

- When µTorrent Reaches the Seeding Goal

- Enable µTorrent Remote Access

- µTorrent Help

- µTorrent FAQ

- µTorrent Webpage

- µTorrent Forums

- About µTorrent, etc.

Hope it will be solved soon.. :) Thanks..

I believe that is fixed now too. There was a problem where the script that generates the list of strings from µTorrent was generating invalid string files. This caused missing strings in uTS.

With the last build (27708), all those missing strings should be back.

See here and check the differences of the 2 txt-files: http://www.should.keepfree.de/div/uts_27708.zip

and? they both have 1572 strings, in both all strings are translated, differs only layout(eg. in one file, string "B" is at start of file in other file that string is in the end of file, in total there are 5 such situations) and size...

i don't have time to read and compare whole files, but my tools says that they are same.(except differences which i mentioned)

Firon:

Still the downloaded utorrent.exe.lang.txt for 27708 is not working as it should.

F.e. the file is 106kB while my working one is 112kB. Also there are differences in text which cause errors.

See here and check the differences of the 2 txt-files: http://www.should.keepfree.de/div/uts_27708.zip

the txt file from µTorrent has duplicate strings, and lots of them.

$ sed -n 1~3p utorrent-3.2.exe.lang.txt | sort | uniq | wc -l

$ sed -n 1~3p utorrent.exe.lang.de.txt | sort | uniq | wc -l

Same number of unique strings in both.

What errors do you see? I see some differences in the two, but hard to tell if it's actually a problem...

So did anybody of you try to run the .exe with the 2 translations?

The working one (utorrent-3.2.exe.lang.txt) has 5490 lines, the one which produces the errors (downloaded from uTS) has 4717 lines only ...

What I get is following .log file (errors): http://www.should.keepfree.de/div/utorrent-3.2_log.exe.zip

This is, as above mentioned, because utorrent needs still duplicate text lines to work without any error.

As long the .exe requests this, it will produce a .log file (which indicates the errors).

And using the last utorrent.lng instead of the .txt file produces the enclosed utorrent-3.2_lng.exe.log file, which indicates additional issues ...

Disappearing strings in Norsk Norwegian (Nynorsk) [nn]

When logging in today the status was 99 % something done.

I translated the remaining strings, but one and saved it.

When I was about to translate the last one, all the strings disappeared and now it shows :(

0.00% done

Could someone please fix this? :)

Best Regards

Vestrvegr/Bjørn I.

Norsk - Norwegian (Nynorsk) [nn-NO] Translator

Disappearing strings in Norsk Norwegian (Nynorsk) [nn]

When logging in today the status was 99 % something done.

I translated the remaining strings, but one and saved it.

When I was about to translate the last one, all the strings disappeared and now it shows :(

0.00% done

Could someone please fix this? :)

Best Regards

Vestrvegr/Bjørn I.

Norsk - Norwegian (Nynorsk) [nn-NO] Translator

Make sure you're on the right OS and build. There's a dropdown at the top.

Norwegian (Nynorsk): 99.95% done

is what I see...

So checked and tested.

Line numbers are ok now, but still get errors when I use the new downloaded .txt file with 3 lines: http://www.should.keepfree.de/div/utorrent-3.2.exe.zip ...

Seems to be program read errors instead of uTS errors ("©2012" & "%%appdata%%%Smedia").

Using the new generated utorrent.lng works without any error now, also the 3 lines of english.txt inside utorrent.lng are equal to the downloaded .txt file content.

Yeah, I complained to the dev about that problem. The client's just doing something wonky I guess.

Also, I uploaded some text from the Mac client today. You can just switch platforms at the top and hit Go to see it.

The idea is to bring the same translations over to the Mac client. Any text you translate for Windows will automagically show up for Mac. In fact, most of the languages are already 75% complete on Mac as a result. :)

I need to ask the mac devs how to actually TEST translations with their client though...

I need to ask the mac devs how to actually TEST translations with their client though...

Yeah, I have the same quesiton. I only use Windows for my work/studying on a regular basis, and don't have MacOS/LInux installed at all. I do have a VirtualBox VM, but I will have to download vmdk virtual machines for linux and os X to test it (although so far it seems linux translation has not yet started)

uTS is still unstable.

There was a problem in uTS early this August that uTS creates various/duplicated translations including legacy(wrong) translations for one instance of original string, and I had to translate those again, one by one.

Today I found official LNG file has been updated and updated my utorrent client. And there appeared wrong(legacy) translations AGAIN! So I visited uTS and found the very same problem has benn occured. Oh please... Where are my current(correct) translations?

That's not all of problems. When I download Korean translation file on uTS, I can find the string, "Rate" for FI_COL_RATE and its translated string, "속도". (By the way, it's not correct. I modified it to "비트율" long before.) But I cannot find that string on uTS web interface. It doesn't appear even when I Search for "rate" on uTS.

Dear Firon, I know you are busy person but please solve this uTS issues. Thank you.

uTS is still unstable.

There was a problem in uTS early this August that uTS creates various/duplicated translations including legacy(wrong) translations for one instance of original string, and I had to translate those again, one by one.

Today I found official LNG file has been updated and updated my utorrent client. And there appeared wrong(legacy) translations AGAIN! So I visited uTS and found the very same problem has benn occured. Oh please... Where are my current(correct) translations?

That's not all of problems. When I download Korean translation file on uTS, I can find the string, "Rate" for FI_COL_RATE and its translated string, "속도". (By the way, it's not correct. I modified it to "비트율" long before.) But I cannot find that string on uTS web interface. It doesn't appear even when I Search for "rate" on uTS.

Dear Firon, I know you are busy person but please solve this uTS issues. Thank you.

It's because the language pack is only generated every so often... when that one was generated (over a week ago), the translation for Rate was 속도. I generated a new langpack and the correct translation shows up in it.

Thank you for your reply, Firon.

I cannot find that string on uTS web interface. It doesn't appear even when I Search for "rate" on uTS.

That problem has been solved. I can see it now.

It's because the language pack is only generated every so often... when that one was generated (over a week ago), the translation for Rate was 속도. I generated a new langpack and the correct translation shows up in it.

I'm aware of that LNG file is generated in certain time. That's not a problem. The problem is, uTS-generated TXT file shows me legacy strings time to time. I guess there's a kind of backup mechanism in uTS, and it is malfunctioning.

It's not that there's a backup mechanism... it's that if a string is removed from the client, then brought back, it pulls back whatever translation was there before, instead of leaving it untranslated.

Also, the Mac team is working on a way to load and test translations in their client. It will behave similarly to uT for Windows, in that you can put the utorrent.lang.txt somewhere, it'll load it and spit out a logfile.

They're also adding a mechanism to pull the lng file, so soon, Mac translations will be a reality!

Hey translators,

The Mac team has added the functionality to test Mac translations and generate logfiles like we do for Windows.

We made its usage as in Windows client:

1) unpack uTorrent.app from .dmg

2) create file uTorrent.app.lang.txt in the directory with uTorrent.app

3) run uTorrent.app and it will load uTorrent.app.lang.txt and will create uTorrent.app.lang.txt.log file in the same directory

Can you guys try it out and let me know if there's any issues? We tried to make the workflow as similar as possible to the Windows client.

To view/edit Mac translations, log onto µTS and select 'MacOS' from the platform dropdown at the top.

Language status for the last build on µTS for Mac: (languages with translation status <80% (= black color) will not be in the next languagepack!)

http://www.should.keepfree.de/uTS_MAC.png

• 1 month later...

Archived