Technical problems with uTS

Firon

@d.daniel42: switch in uTS to build 29544, there you'll find the missing text. Also make sure that build 29544 is 100% translated, as there is some text used for later builds.

There are, atm, just 3 languages at 100%!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dear Translators, on problems with some text please find the solution how to write the text correct so the system accepts.

I copy here the lines how it should be in your utorrent.exe.lang.txt or on uTS (the second line for sure you can translate, I put XXXX there):

Check out these apps to experience %s\\u00ae on tablets, mobile devices and moreXXXX %s\\u00ae XXXX
{\\rtf1\\ansi\\ansicpg1252 \\fs38 \\b Thank you for your patience\\b0}{\\rtf1\\ansi\\ansicpg1252 \\fs38 \\b XXXX\\b0}
%s\\u00ae Remote%s\\u00ae XXXX

Please take also the first (english) line from here, otherwise the system rejects!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Iam Daniel, and i have an Idea or i can say suggest for Utorrent Translation Administrators! :

"you know That any one who want to translate uTorrent work hard and spend a huge amount of Time to translate and if you want to translate in a perfect way you should work hard....

and when we complete our translate nothing happened !! without availablng utorrent in our language,

But i have an suggest for you iam suggested that "You give An Pack of uTorrent Plus for anyone who complete the translation,Just Like a thanks!! and this award make a users work fast and uTorrent Published with a variety of Language!""

Thanks i Hope This suggest be Accepted :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

@d.daniel42:
What I can do (as Administrator on uTS and as Moderator in the forums here) is to create a new language pack in uTS and post a link here.
What I can't do is put the created language pack on the download page - this has to be done by an forums/BitTorrent admin.

This was working in earlier times - every time I forced uTS to create a new languagepack it was available for all users and on the download page within some hours ...

Languagepack build 30474 (uTorrent 3.3.2) / Languagepack build 30180 (the old one for uTorrent 3.3.2) / Languagepack build 30635 (the new one for uTorrent 3.4)

The translation system has sort of been mid-transition for a while when we redid our website setup.

Langpacks generated now automatically make it to the download servers as of today, but actually serving it on the website on the downloads page is still manual.

Still, if the build is already up there, then updating it will work like before. (or if you request exactly that build number).

Also, new strings should make it onto uTS more regularly now.

• 2 weeks later...

@schnurlos

thanks for your replay...

but iam talking about the Gift for the translators :) Like an(Torrent plus) for free,

and i think it's impossible :)

so thanks for your replay i wish iam not killing your times ----

because Time in this Century is GOLD---DIAMOND ----PLATINUM----EVEN A MOUNTAIN OF GOLD...

thanks in advance

• 11 months later...

@translators:

There seems to be a mistake on uTS now with a build 60000 which contains just emty data.

The intention was to update from last build 36318 to a build 37951 there which seems to fail ...

Hopefully the devs can repair that soon.

The latest translation (windows) you can find here for the while: http://www.should.keepfree.de/utorrent.lng.zip (build 36318, status: 2015.01.05) or http://www.should.keepfree.de/utmac.lng.zip (build 29561, status: 2014.12.15).

The devs will remove the empty build 60000 soon.

Now there is the update from last build 36318 to build 37951.

The newest translation (windows) you can find here for the while: http://www.should.keepfree.de/utorrent.lng.zip (build 37951, status: 2015.01.16) or http://www.should.keepfree.de/utmac.lng.zip (build 29561, status: 2014.12.15).

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, now I have some questions about the translate work:
1. What is the "Gate" & "Gated torrent explaination...."?
2. What is the [sysLink1, Button1, Radio1, Radio2]? just keep it?
3. What is these [secs ahead of ghost, secs ahead of eye, seconds of underrun, deadline piece, hole piece, hole piece, next hole]? countdowns for streaming playing?

And some strings problems:
a "these commands" should to "following parameters" for same style.
Add RSS Feed..., Add Device..., etc menus not have a accesskey. This is intentional it?
Convert For.. and Transfer To.. should to '...' instead of '..'.
The latest build 37951 still have 8th 'Plus',  should to 'Pro'.
A string have two 'Queued - 12'.

Some strings seems unable to translate:
Play File button in columns.
Preferences-Playback-'Choose your...' and the dropdown box. As well, I could not find the description's location, although it has been translated.
Preferences-Label, Auto Label-Definition column, and the 'Default' in 'Contains:' box.
Trackers-Status, 'No such host is known' in 'Status' column, and maybe more status texts.
Checked the 'Update to beta versions' and 'Notify me before installing updates', click the 'Check for Updates', the some strings can't be translate in the dialog.

Some suggestions:
Use a standard translation file formats, such .po. Or add strings ID in the offline translation file.
Any plans for the localized help (.chm) file? Although I understand that it is a low priority.
I want to translate some strings to multiple translations, e.g. '#' maybe to 'Counter' and 'No.' in my language, but the system seem automatic sharing and fill strings in the wrong place, even if I has the sorted file on offline to upload.

Thanks for reading the a lot of text.

Archived