Pls just list original settings-cannot find dat file

nurse15

Yes I'm one of those techies hate. Semi-knowledgable. Ok, so I must have done something to my settings that I don't know I did. I tried to check them all. No go. Tried uninstall/reinstall 3x now.

Problem: all my torrents say 'in queue'. I've tried using my laptop on 2 different wi-fi spots, both of which worked last week, and now no go. However, under Network it says no incoming connections when I know i'm hooked up ok: i am downloading other stuff pdf etc. to my laptop from www.

One of the wi-fi sites was my work so i KNOW that was working. Also my smartphone's wi fi spot is working. I've tried randomizing.

So I figured I'd try to reset to original settings to make sure I didn't do anything to cause it to just queue. I have avast but have not set it to block torrent. I'm frustrated and:mad: will be using a different torrent client until/when/or if i can ever get this problem fixed!

yep and this is where the 'i am stupid' part comes in. i can't find that on my mac laptop which i only use basically for email and torrents. i.e. not very educated on it. my hp pc desktop is still working fine. it's just this apple laptop. grrrr. and i seriously don't know if i did anything or whether there's something else preventing incoming connection. i checked security and there's no block on torrent.

i am going to try another client. if it happens on that client too then i know it's my laptop not settings on Utorrent.

oops. cuz i was pissed and wanted to throw my computer against the wall, couldn't find what i needed quickly on topics already posted and plunged right in not realizing there were two posting boards. sorry, i'll get to the right board and repost. thanks

Archived