Newbie Questions (ugh)

ChiefWah00

I'll make this short and sweet:

1 - I downloaded uTorrent v. 3.2

2 - Started downloading torrents from Pirate Bay

3 - All files downloaded and worked perfectly, download speed was fine

4 - 3 days later I tried downloading more torrents and nothing would download

5 - Everything I've attempted to download had plenty of seeds

6 - I've walked through all the setup and done all the steps recommended by utorrent

7 - I've checked the sticky's on here and scoured Google but haven't come up with any solutions

What I don't understand is why it worked initially, but suddenly now it doesn't. The torrents show up in my queue, but then never go past 0% and suddenly there are no seeds. This is driving me mad! What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions would be awesome! Thanks!

I would suggest going into Pirate Bay, putting dvdrip in the search, clicking the seeds button to bring up the most seeded torrent, picking a trusted file (one with a green head on it) and trying to download it. If it downloads then it's obviously a problem with the file you're trying to download. Would ask for a link for the specific file, but unsure whether utorrent forums allow that.

I would suggest going into Pirate Bay, putting dvdrip in the search, clicking the seeds button to bring up the most seeded torrent, picking a trusted file (one with a green head on it) and trying to download it. If it downloads then it's obviously a problem with the file you're trying to download. Would ask for a link for the specific file, but unsure whether utorrent forums allow that.

That would work... If I was downloading a DVD, no, I'm downloading comics, of which they're aren't any other of the same download. It already has a couple of seeds, but isn't downloading at all, despite them.

Whether it's comics, movies, music or whatever, the purpose of the above is to see whether the problem is a problem with utorrent or a problem with the download. uTorrent doesn't differentiate between types of files, so if you can download other stuff with utorrent then it's not utorrent that is the problem.

Archived