Blue screen after running Utorrent.

Maelart

Good Morning uTorrent Community,

Well, first let me say that I ran uTorrent almost all day yesterday and right through the night while I slept. I even updated to the newest stable version 3.2 (Build 27568) [32 bit]. Well the torrent I was downloading had finished by this morning so I stopped it, removed it from the list of torrents to download and then I began downloading the next torrent in my list. It was maybe 10 or fifteen minutes later when I was doing something else on the computer and BAM! Blue Screen Of Death! This created a brand new Dump file which I am posting here:

Mini072712-01.dmp 7/27/2012 10:15:47 AM DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x100000d1 0x0000002c 0x00000002 0x00000001 0xef6cca8c tcpip6.sys tcpip6.sys+23a8c IPv6 driver Microsoft® Windows® Operating System Microsoft Corporation 5.1.2600.5935 (xpsp_sp3_gdr.100211-1404) 32-bit tcpip6.sys+23a8c tcpip6.sys+252ed tcpip6.sys+21faa tcpip6.sys+36be C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini072712-01.dmp 1 15 2600 90,112

Sorry for it being 'unformatted' here. I am hoping that someone will be able to read this and tell me what I need to do to prevent uTorrent from crashing Windows XP. Is there a DRIVER for tcpip6.sys? If there is, where do I find it and how do I update it?

What really puzzles me is how uTorrent ran almost all day yesterday right up till this morning and it wasn't until I started to download the next piece of a multiple folders download that the computer crashed.

And, hey everybody, thanks for any and all help!! If I should be posting this topic somewhere else on this community forum please let me know...also if I should post the whole thing as a brand new post instead of piggy backing it onto Maelart's topic PLEASE let me know!

Thank you all! :cool:

John

tcpip6.sys+23a8c 

Can it possibly be a tcpip6 driver issue ? ... and this is not the way to post a dump file..

Yes, Rafi, I am pretty sure that it must be a tcpip6.sys issue. The only problem is that I don't know the first thing about how to remedy that issue. I have 'googled' the "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ... tcpip6.sys" issue and read some of the information and the one thing that I noticed was that my tcpip6.sys driver is a NEWER verison than the ones in these various articles.

I apologize for posting the dump file incorrectly. As I have mentioned, I am pretty much a Newbie to all of this I am lucky that I found the program BlueScreenView and been able to use it, but even then I have messed up looked at the dump file in BSV then exited and lost the file...I have tried to save the files as text files only to find that I can no longer access them with BlueScreenView.

Please teach me the correct way, and if you know how to fix the tcpip6.sys problem please educate me. I seriously need help! Like I said, I ran uTorrent all day and all night yesterday with no crashes and then this morning in less than half an hour it crashed....that just doesn't make any sense to me....

Thanks Rafi, :)

John

Just upload the file to any hosting site like sendspace.com and post the link to it.

Thank you Rafi! I will try to do just that. Please don't laugh or be annoyed with me this is all so new to me. For instance, I have never used a file hosting service before...but I am going to give it a try!

Thanks again,

John

Just upload the file to any hosting site like sendspace.com and post the link to it.

Thank you Rafi! I will try to do just that. Please don't laugh or be annoyed with me this is all so new to me. For instance' date=' I have never used a file hosting service before...but I am going to give it a try!

Thanks again,

John[/quote']

Okay Rafi, you are going to think that I am an idiot but here goes. I have gone to sendspace.com, registered, signed in and selected the file from my dump files folder now I don't know how to proceed....

1) Sendspace form is asking for a 'Destination Folder' or select Default

2)There is a space on the form in which to enter the "recipient@email.com".....who is the recipeint, and what is their address???

I'm sorry that I need this explained to me in such detail!!!

John

Okay, here's the link:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9gqowk

Oh man, I am so stupid! It just seemed like registering and signing in was required! And I ended up using my GMail account to register...so Sendspace.com now has a link to my Gmail account?

I did delete my account before doing the upload. I hope my information is REALLY deleted!!!

John

Fully uninstalled Panda? Probably the network drivers then. Install all the WinUpdates that are automatically selected, then install the most up to date Chipset, Ethernet, and WLAN drivers you can find from Lenovo or directly from Broadcom/Atheros/Intel(?) and retest.

Hello there.

I have done all the things, but I can't install new WLAN drivers.

The error goes then,

the system can't find the pads,

0QWO03WW\win7\s32\install\setup.exe

Unable to execute the specified command line!

So what should I do.

I have figured out that when I play minecraft, it first laggs like hell and then I can't move at all anymore.

I have not a clue what to do now.

Could somebody still help me? :)

Rafi, or whoever else may be following this string. I uploaded the dump file to sendspace.com...and here is the link:

Okay, here's the link:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9gqowk

Now, am I supposed to just leave the link here for you to go to and download my dump file???

John :)

Hello uTorrent Community!!!

Just a quick question while I wait for the Devs to analyze the dump file I uploaded. Once I have posted the link to the dump file that I have uploaded can I close tab at sendspace.com....if I do will the URL link to the uploaded file still work?

I know what you experienced guys are thinkin'..."wow, they'll let anyone on here, won't they"? I know, as I said I am a newbie so I know I am going to make mistakes (like thinking I have to 'register' @ sendspace.com inorder to upload a file) and ask a lot of 'dumb' questions (see above).

Oh well,

Thanks for the help everybody!!! :)

John

Well this threads getting a bit clusterfucked. Trumpet do me a favor, make a new thread in troubleshooting with a suitable title and link to your first post here for background when you reply.

Kernel mode being kernel mode software, which includes drivers.

µTorrent is like a stress test for networking drivers, it occasional triggers failcode in networking drivers (and in only one case a (non-bsod(?)) in Microsofts code). Your issue reminds me of my Ralink issue, and I missed the v6 portion of your issue. I have a ralink card that'll bsod on the ipv6 driver as well, 3-4 times a year. Two XP SP3 systems with a seemingly similar issue though, that's interesting.. anyway for testings sake, lets try disabling Teredo, which provides a v6 tunnel for v4 only ISP's. Finding my old post with the command was a pain in the ass, I'm pretty sure it changed with vista ::P Start > Run > cmd /k netsh interface ipv6 set teredo disabled

What scanner modules do you have in avast!?

Maelart: Lenovo fucked up the driver, I get that on a BIOS update, or maybe it was my wifi. Anyway, try the makers site.

• 4 months later...

Same. Im using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit on a HP Pavilion P6-2265eo

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1053

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: d1

BCP1: 0000000000000028

BCP2: 0000000000000002

BCP3: 0000000000000000

BCP4: FFFFF880017196FD

OS Version: 6_1_7601

Service Pack: 1_0

Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\122612-34257-01.dmp

C:\Users\TOMMIE\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-124051-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Any Help?

And BTW i have that about the DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.....

EDIT: My antivirus is PC Tools Free newest version and my firewall is Windows Firewall.

• 10 months later...

Archived