utorrent automatically opens up torrent and label it as hidden

todd0305

When I download a torrent and double click to open, utorrent automatically add it to the hidden folder and starts downloading to the default download folder. It no longer opens up the window to show the files in the torrent and give me the option on which directory to save it in. How do I fix this?

• 4 weeks later...
When I download a torrent and double click to open, utorrent automatically add it to the hidden folder and starts downloading to the default download folder. It no longer opens up the window to show the files in the torrent and give me the option on which directory to save it in. How do I fix this?

Dude, I've got the exact same problem. I'm surprised nobody has really provided a similar experience besides me in the past month. I don't really want to reinstall because I'm not sure this will help, plus I have over 500 torrents to redo.

Do you run CCcleaner or similar registry program? My initial thought is that it may have removed something important.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
doesn't matter. I figured it out. This was happening because I once had two screens set up and the utorrent client was opening the "Add New Torrent" window outside the screen. when it does this, it marks the torrent as "Hidden" until the window is closed. Hope this helps!

WOW, thanks, had the exact same problem/solution

• 5 months later...

Yeah, definitely because the Add New Torrent window sucked outside the screen, easy solution, when you clicked on a magnet link and utorrent jumped up just push alt + down, then a menu appears and click on move, then move your cursor, here you go.

It should go to a bugreport or something.

Archived