Weird bug - automatically stops downloading - start download - ...

Petrovic

... downloads fine

Each time I add a torrent to µtorrent the download seems to start. You see a little bit of download activity (0-0.5 kb/s), I guess to connect to the seeds and peers. After a while (let's say fifteen minutes to half an hour) the download has stopped. When I click the files tab I don't see any of the files.

When I click on "start download" (right mouse button, then select that option) the download starts again and immediately the files which I want tot download are being shown and you see the size of the downloaded number of bytes of those files increases.

What's the bug? It seems like µtorrent has difficulty creating the files?

It's not that big of a problem but it is a bit annoying.

Sorry for the late reply. I use version 3.2 , 32 bit build 27568. Just like TONPumper I have a 64-bit computer on which I use the 64-bit Windows 7 home premium.

I download most of my torrents from TPB.

I guess that uninstalling utorrent and installing an older version would solve this issue?

Unfortunately, as you know, with tpb you have to use magnets. Anyway, until a little over a week ago I didn't have problems with magnets with the older version of uTorrent while I downloade magnets so apparently that older version (half a year till a year old) could handle magnets. Another version which was 'even' older couldn't start a download with magnets. The only reason I have downloaded a newer version is because I just did a clean install of Windows. Usually I prefer to wait with upgrading software, any problems are then being fixed. I'll sit it out untill the betaversion isn't a beta anymore. It's not that big of a problem. As soon as I start the torrent for the second time it works fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived