deleting torrents

tommy new

Your post should be in the torrent plus section. And you do not state what version you are using. But you did select (click on) the torrent, right mouse click. Remove and -> Delete .Torrent + Data?

(And of course you do not have the Directorys of where torrents are stored and automatically loaded from as being the same location. What I am trying to say is I do not know the order of deletion. It may be possible that the entry in uTorrent is removed, and reloaded prior to the deletion of the torrent file from the disk if you have your directories setup wrong and there is some activity that triggers the load.)

Can you provide more detailed info? Is/was it a magnet or an actual torrent? If magnet, did utorrent finishe loading the metadata prior to you trying to delete it?

thanks ibebad for your interest. I did try to delete in the normal way. I have only been a utorrent user for a couple of weeks, so your other comments have gone way above my head, sorry and all that. I don't even remember the site I tried downloading it from

thanks ibebad for your interest. I did try to delete in the normal way. I have only been a utorrent user for a couple of weeks, so your other comments have gone way above my head, sorry and all that. I don't even remember the site I tried downloading it from

You still did not say what version you are running. It is difficult to help you when you do not provide information. Pick a tracking site. Select a torrent. Open it to load into uTorrent. Start it. Then go through the delete process. Write down each step you did. If what you downloaded was a magnet - say so. Do screen prints. Do screen prints of your Preferences -> Directorys. Post the results back here so we can see it.

I have used uTorrent - and BitTorrent once upon a time - for several years. I am currently using the lastest beta. And in all that time, I have never had a problem with deleting a torrent.

Archived