Mobile Compatibility

InvisoSniper

Hey guys,

I'm not a beta tester of the webui (yet, i hope to be soon), but i was wondering was anyone thinking about making this page Mobile Compatible, Im talking like on a PDA or Phone.

Yes PDAs can see the whole page but you have to scroll. And Yes Mobile Browsers can adjust the page to look better, however it sometime mangles the page.

I thinkn this would be a nice feature because now that EVDO and 3G (mobile Broadbands) are coming out, it would be nice not to even have to be on a computer, just be on the street decide to check what µtorrent is up to.

What do you all think. Im not familiar with html, but from what i usnderstand it may just be organizing the site in such a way that when a mobile browser tries to adjust the page, it doesnt mangle the page. We don't need autosensing PDA/Phone recognition in combination with a sperate page (like google).

Ah? Ah? Anyone?

• 1 month later...

there's hasn't been much work on the mini version since Directrix has been focused on the standard WebUI. The plan for simple stats and stop / go functionality; the proof-of-concept testing Directrix and I did worked correctly.

I was my original idea to have the mini UI cell-phone browser compliant (other than Opera Mini, no css, minimal tags, small width) to be a more on-the-go solution than just Palm / PPC with wlan access.

• 10 months later...

"It was my original idea to have the mini UI cell-phone browser compliant..."

That would be really great. Some of us have new but already outdated phones which don't seem to want to accept different software. If the mobile UI could gain the functionality of the current WebUI for all cell-phones, it would make finding a terminal a thing of the past.

• 2 weeks later...

@jxcc1

Pretty please?? OK, fine, but can you tell me why my BB will not access the webUI? Is there a setting change on the BB that I need to make? This would be so helpful (and convenient) and cool to be able to manage my DL's.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Archived