Versioning issue

Church

I understand that maybe not all features in current alpha native client are implemented yet. But are there any outstanding issues/bugs still left to fix? I have used native client for long time without experiencing any issues but one. From one of trackers i frequently use, native linux clients are not whitelisted as allowed ones. When contacting tracker stuff it was because of their generic policy to list only stable complete versions and they don't intend to change it.

Is there any chance for uT devs to draw line at some (hopefully soon) point and release at least versioned/called as stable native linux client, or that point is still year or more in future?

Or how about adding 'feature' of spoofing/reporting client version to eg. some stable windows one as interim measure until alpha versions are the only ones out there? (thinking something like changing User-Agent in browsers) It can be forever removed once first stable release is released. However it's done but would be nice to see it done instead of reverting to windows utorrent under wine.

• 7 months later...

Hmm, so almost year passed, no new versions, and latest one still has beta in client user agent. Though i liked stability/performance/features of native client, i'll switch back to wine+windows version for client to be actually usable on trackers with not changed policy to not whitelist betas/alphas. After year with no fix for useragent beta-ness issue and binary becoming unrunable with changing agent strings in it by myself i'm thinking that it's not an issue anyone from devs care for or will fix in nearest future, thus native linux clients will stay unusable for me.

Archived