multiple issues with 3.2

lattari

I asked these questions a week ago but you didn't bother to answer so I'm going to do it again. All problems occured after updating to 3.2 from the previous version.

Files that are in a folder get sometimes downloaded as separate files. This leads to write to disc errors if you already have a file named 'sample' or a folder called 'subs' and you try to download an other one. Not to mention its annoying to manually collect them and try to figure out what goes where.

Video files like mp4 and mkv get sometimes downloaded as weird file extensions like .m , .x or .mp and others.

Not being able to start magnet downloads once you've opened the link is just crazy. If you were going to unselect some contents than naturally you wait for the torrent, but why make everybody wait? It makes no sense. This you did mention as part of the description for the new 3.2 version. However, would you consider returning to the previous mechanism or add an option that allows to start the download of the whole thing, torrent and file?

Also three torrents I had waiting in the list lost their names and show up as just VIDEO_TS.

Have you noticed the issues above and are you doing something about them?

As a plus side, the crashing has not occurred once after updating. It doesn't, however, make up for all the problems. Once again updating led to a malfunctioning client. I would appreciate if you would take the time to answer me this time.

What you are describing is too complicated. uTorrent creates a folder for each torrent if there are multiple files involved. I don't see any reason why there should be any problem of conflict arising from having, say video_ts or sample or subs folders in every torrent you are downloading.

Even though the all the files within the torrent may appear in a single listing under files in the lower window they are actually stored in a directory structure exactly as the person who created the torrent.

It used to. After 3.2 let's say I download a folder 'x' that has the following files: sample ,x.srt, x.mkv.

Before I would get a folder named 'x', but now I get these files as separate to my download directory. On a bad day, on top of all that, the .mkv comes as a crazy file extension like.hd4 , .m or various others. Am I the only one with this problem?

Archived