uTorrent stopped connecting to seeds

El Payaso Malo

I have been using uTorrent for many years, now. I was using version 2.X.X with no problems, when suddenly it just refused to connect to seeds. It would connect to peers, but it didn't seem to be actually downloading from them, I was literally watching it when this happened. One second it was downloading and then the next second it stopped. In an attempt to correct it, I went ahead and upgraded to 3.1.3. This, however, did not fix the problem, and I don't like the new interface at all because now I cannot even see how many seeds or peers I have, it seems it gives me that ratio number in that spot. How do I fix this and make it continue downloading?

To see the number of seeds / peers separately right click any of the headings in the column header and check / uncheck appropriate boxes. Here you have the choice of seeds/peer ratio, or the the 3 independently.

In the last few versions there is no clear indication of the status of the torrent such as checking,. paused / stopped, etc. Nor is there any indication in the columnar display !

Try right clicking on the uTorrent task bar icon and click on resume all torrents. It just might start downloading.

Archived