Download always stopped

eurodance

I have the same issue.

Have been running 3.1.2 (I think) for the last year without a problem, then suddenly a couple of days ago, either downloads would just stop or U Torrent would just come up as not responding. Have tried restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling (now have version 3.2) but hasn't made a blind bit of difference. I select a torrent, it initiallly says it's downloading, then changes to stopped. None of my other pc settings have been changed or even tweaked! Any ideas?

Hi Mac-the-Knife, where can i get 3.2.1 beta?

You can see from the screen-shot here. Not sure if you could see it clearly? You may right-click and save the picture at your desktop and then enlarge it to see.

1st.jpg

Suggest trying the 3.2.1 beta and see if that fixes the problem as I believe some people are having problems with the 3.2 stable.

If you go to Preferences, General, Privacy, there are some boxes to tick that will inform you of the updates. You will need to close utorrent once you've done this, then reopen it and hopefully a box will come up asking if you want to update to the latest 3.2.1 beta version. One problem with this is that any files you have running will probably have to go through a process of being checked by utorrent and it could take a little while, so if you have any files already downloading ok, then probably best to let them finish.

Trust me, the 3.2.1 beta is the latest version. It went from a 3.1.3 version a 3.2 version and now a 3.2.1 version. Beta's are always in progress after a stable release, they fix ongoing issues that may arise in the stable version and try and improve the program even more. You should be able to update to the latest beta version by following the steps I gave, if not then do it through the site, but obviously through the program is a better option. The link to the download page for uTorrent is below, that's if it's allowed to display on here.

http://www.utorrent.com/downloads

Mac-the-Knife, you are wonderful and thank you very much for your help. Yesterday i tried to uninstall and reinstalled back 3.2 and is working now. That's quite strange. I will monitor to see how is the progress. If it fails to work again, i will try your suggestion. Thank you very much once again.

Trust me, the 3.2.1 beta is the latest version. It went from a 3.1.3 version a 3.2 version and now a 3.2.1 version. Beta's are always in progress after a stable release, they fix ongoing issues that may arise in the stable version and try and improve the program even more. You should be able to update to the latest beta version by following the steps I gave, if not then do it through the site, but obviously through the program is a better option. The link to the download page for uTorrent is below, that's if it's allowed to display on here.

http://www.utorrent.com/downloads

Archived