Not possible to choose where to download torrent package

emomartin

So I just went from the 2.21 to 3.2 latest build because for some reason 2.21 started crashing. Although I'm thinking of going to like rtorrent instead because 3.2 is so bloated and really just sucks.

My problem is that I'm trying to download X torrent package with Y, Z subdirs into E:/spel/. But I want only Y and Z to get saved in E:/spel/ (so E:/spel/Y and Z), not E:/spel/X/Y and Z. The solution right now is to remove the "name" when I add the torrent and then copy-paste the name when it has been added.

• 2 weeks later...

That may be because no one understood exactly what your question was or is or were puzzled why you were asking it

The "by design" behaviour IS to create a folder with the torrent name along with any subfolders in the meta info being created when the torrent starts downloading or when adding, if you have it set to 'pre-allocate' storage space. That has been the case for as long as I have been using it.

Why don't you simply overtype/change the data in the 'name' field in the Add New dialogue which is all I ever do and it seems to work fine for me running ver 3.2 currently. If I miss doing that, editing the name and then changing the download location fixes it.

Archived