Not Created Folders for Torrents

IMayNeed

Hello,

I am a beginner,

I don't have much knowledge just like the other users of the forum.

I just wanted to ask a question.

When I try to download a torrent with utorrent, it doesn't seem to create a folder for the torrent.

Is this something have to be that way because of the way program works, or because of another reason.

And is this for all users, or some?

Is there any way to solve this manually? I mean can the user do something (except creating a folder for every torrent)?

When I was reading the other posts in the forum, I know mine would stand simple, but I still wanted to ask, mostly to learn about torrent softwares and utorrent.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...
Some torrents may not have a folder defined in the meta data, which means that all files will be located in the default download directory/folder.

You can use the "labels" feature which will create a folder with the label name on completion.

I need it to do the opposite. It's creating a directory that I don't want. I'll make a folder for Vegas/Season One/ and attempt to put all my episodes in there and it makes a folder for ever episode within that season one folder.

I need it to do the opposite. It's creating a directory that I don't want. I'll make a folder for Vegas/Season One/ and attempt to put all my episodes in there and it makes a folder for ever episode within that season one folder.

I would say that is how the torrents in the feed you are downloading are setup, rather than something that the uTorrent client is doing.

If the episodes comes along with a .nfo file maybe a couple of "downloaded from" text files plus the requisite "Visit us" .url shortcut, it WILL be in a directory and the client can do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING at all about that.

Archived