"Run Program" in background or without spawning a cmd terminal

munch9000

I use filebot to rename and organize my tv show and movie torrents after they have finished downloading. This works wonderfully with uTorrent's run program after torrent finishes feature. The only problem is that if I'm watching something on the same computer (via XBMC) and a torrent finishes downloading...it will spawn a new cmd window for Filebot to do it's thing....and minimize whatever I'm watching.

I am pretty sure at some point filebot used to launch without a cmd window...but I posted on the filebot forum and the creator said that was never the case for him...so perhaps I was imagining it..haha.

Is there any easy way to tell utorrent to launch a program in the background, or if it must launch a terminal...do so without it minimizing XBMC.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Right? Still not seeing where "any" comes into it.

The TS wants to stop the command prompt (DOS) window from appearing. Simply routing the output of a command (command >> nul) does not suppress the window, the only method that I have ever used successfully on the rare occasions I have needed to, is to 'proxy' the command window using WSH (Windows Scripting Host).

Using Linux command > dev/null would work, but the DOS equivalent of command >> NUL does not suppress the command window from popping up.

Yes, sure, BUT simply putting a command line in there will cause the command prompt window to show, which is what the TS is trying to avoid happening.

Is there any easy way to tell utorrent to launch a program in the background, or if it must launch a terminal...do so without it minimizing XBMC.

So the path to, and the .vbs filename with the Windows Shell commands is what goes in the torrent client "Run program" field.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived