Help :( I don't know what I'm doing

Seorin

Hello,

So... I know there are a million suggestions out there, but I generally know little to nothing about all of this so I have no idea what to do.

All I managed to walk through is the connection setup guide, which improved my dl speed for 30 seconds before reverting back to the usual 9.5kB/s. When I just start up uTorrent the speed is good too, but it quickly drops to the rate mentioned before. I don't know the exact speed of my internet but the results from the setup guide test are:

Upload 1.9 Mbit/s (192 kB/s) Download: 17.5 Mbit/s (2.0 MB/s)

Also disk overloaded says 100% but I have no idea what that means.

I tried the pre-allocate thing. Works for a minute but then it says disk overloaded again and speed is back to nothing again.

I hope someone has the patience to help me out.

Thanks ^^

disk overloaded means that the client is writing and/or reading data quicker than the disk interface can handle.

Read the "Error Messages" FAQ in the user manual for more.

Your download speed are affected by more than your connection transfer capabilities Read the Stickied threads in this section.

Turn off write caching.

There should NEVER be a disk overload when writing to a local drive. You can't download faster than a local hard drive can be written to (not yet anyway). Network drives, some USB devices, that's a different story.

I am on a 1Gbit lan now, and I was still getting that error. I turned write caching off, and it has never appeared again. There is no real need to cache disk writes. If your PC goes down with a lot of data in cache, that was not yet written to disk, you lose all that data. Turning off cache writes every downloaded piece.

Turn off write caching.

There should NEVER be a disk overload when writing to a local drive. You can't download faster than a local hard drive can be written to (not yet anyway). Network drives, some USB devices, that's a different story.

I am on a 1Gbit lan now, and I was still getting that error. I turned write caching off, and it has never appeared again. There is no real need to cache disk writes. If your PC goes down with a lot of data in cache, that was not yet written to disk, you lose all that data. Turning off cache writes every downloaded piece.

I'm sorry but, I understand so little that this is already too hard for me to understand.

But I found a disk overload fix on a different website which told me the following:

In here click the box that says "Override automatic cache size and specify the size manually (MB):"

In the box write in 1/4th of your RAM amount. So if you have 4GB of RAM, put in 1024. If you have 2GB of RAM put in 512.

Also tick these boxes:

Reduce Memory usage when the cache is not needed

Enable caching of disk writes

- Write out finishes pieces immediately

Enable caching of disk reads

- Remove old blocks from the cache

- Increase automatic cache size when cache thrashing

(It also told me to change caching in Windows but I don't know how to do that so I didn't.**not available in my uTorrent)

This worked for me. It's not as fast as it could be, but way faster so I'm happy.

Is this safe?

Should I still turn write caching off?

How about the Protocol Encryption? Is that safe?

I did see my ISP limits bandwidth but enabling it doesn't seem to change much.

**EDIT**

Don't know what I did but 100% just happened again.

Really hoped I had found my fix :(

It seems like it remains stable as long as I don't have too many large file downloads at the same time.

Archived