Newb here.... HELP!!

surly

i am very new to everything torrent... i would say i am semi tech-savvy but am having trouble getting anything to download... im using TPB to get the torrent... on first attempt the file got to 78.6% then just stopped so after a few hours waiting i removed from queue... i then tried a different album and it never started downloading at all, tried it another 2 times and it would start to download at less than 1% kbit/s for a few minutes then it stopped, all of these attempts then stopped and under status it says under status "error: writetodisk: access".... i have norton antivirus, but i have the utorrent program set to allow in firewall... any idea what this could be??

oh, heres some more information that might be pertinent...

before u say it... yes, i have allowed utorrent in windows and norton firewalls... that much i knew ahead of time to do...

i am using windows 7, and getting the torrent from TPB... im building myself a new computer, until its done i am using a loaner from my girlfriend... it is a totally stock emachines el1360g, so the hard drive isnt blocking with any encryption that i know of...

i have searched and lurked this forum, but didnt find an answer to my issue... i have seen others with error messages similar, but none were worded exactly like my error...

ok, update...

i have successfully downloaded two files from TPB using the magnet link... im guessing the file that never even started to download was no good... i have also now tried to start another file using the "download this torrent" link again, and it is did the same thing as the first file i tried.... its up to 82% and has stopped completely except for the occasionally flickering a 1kbit/sec download speed... if i have to use the magnet every time, thats fine, but i saw someone on this forum post to not use magnets... is there a reason for that??

Archived