Torrent download on 0.0% and ETA is infinity

Sashadejager

Hello

I have researched the web and these forums but I can't seem to find one that fits me exactly. And any answers given by the moderators or other members I don't understand.

I have been using uTorrent for a while now and this is the first time I've had such a problem. I get torrents from PirateBay that have a lot of seeders and barely any leechers. I get torrents from other places too.

Recently my torrents aren't downloading. They're not even starting. It says Downloading 0.0% and ETA is infinity.

My computer is Windows 7. 64bit. Pentium Dual Core Processor. 3.20 GHz.

I am really not good with technology or these difficult terms like 'trackers' and all. I used to just click on the torrent and it downloaded. I have no idea what is going on now.

Please could you help me? In simple language, remember I'm not a techno fundie.

Thanks so much.

Hi there

Thanks so much for your reply. This has never happened before though. Looking at my trackers it says mostly that the connection timed out. It also says that no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. Also, [Peer Exchange] not allowed. How do I fix all of this and just download stuff again? :(

Trackers timing out is more often than not a connection problem, firewall, router, ISP etc. or simply that the machine/network the tracker is on is "swamped"

'Actively refused' indicates the machine is 'up' but does not want to "talk", could be the torrent hash has been deleted or it is "too busy".

Archived