uTorrent using more upload than displayed

shouri

So I just moved and my upload cap was lowered from 10 to 1 mbps and whenever I am torrenting my upload gets capped instantly. For testing purposes I put my upload at literally 5 kbps cap and I had two torrents running that were downloading at 1.8 and 1.2 respectively. When I look at my Netmeter program it shows my upload going at 1mbps even though uTorrent says that it is only uploading at a combined 3 kbps.

Now when I stop running the torrents my upload quickly goes down to almost nothing but as soon as I turn it back on my upload is capped again even though the client is telling me that I am hardly uploading at all. I pretty much can't do anything at all when using torrents now because of this problem and I have no idea how to fix it. I read somewhere that turning on "Limit local peer bandwidth" fixes this but it did not do anything for me.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I have both of those settings enabled, I have noticed that the upload goes up as my download goes up although it doesn't say I am uploading to anyone. I am not sure if this is suppose to be normal as I have never really paid attention to it before.

It works with utorrent 3.1.3 and I installed version 1.8.5 to see if it did it in that and it did as well. It's starting to make me feel like this is a somewhat normal result?

Archived