What all is included in the latest stable build of uTorrent?

tldude

Hi all,

I absolutely love uTorrent. :) But I absolutely hate the crapware/adware/bloatware that's included with the install. :(

I usually get Ninite to handle my installation needs, but I've had a little trouble with that lately so I ran the uTorrent install myself tonight. I pick through my installers with a fine-toothed comb, but I think even I missed a few things. I deselected to set my home page and search provider to uTorrent (seriously? who the heck would want this) and declined to install something having to do with optimizing my PC. However, I noticed the installer snuck in a uTorrent "community" toolbar for Internet Explorer, which I was able to uninstall through Programs and Features. (The uninstaller did a very messy job and didn't even delete the program folder under Pgrogram Files).

Now, I don't see any new programs under Programs and Features apart from uTorrent, so does that mean I'm good? Or is there other spyware/crapware/etc. that *doesn't* show up under programs and features? If possible, does someone have a list of all the crapware that's bundled with the latest installer?

Sorry to sound a little ticked off, but I'm very picky about my computer and want to make sure there's nothing there that shouldn't be. Thanks. :)

A few people have had the problem with the toolbar installing, it is most likely caused by rushing through the installing and not deselecting this option, even though some say they did do this. I have NEVER had any issues with any matters such as this. The latest "stable" version is a 3.2 but it has had various issues, I would therefore strongly recommend going for the latest 3.2.1 beta which has addressed many of the issues.

Archived