Fixing dead torrents?

RAYGXEN

I once fixed a dead torrent (that had no seeds) by downloading the content files, from various areas of the Internet, and replacing them in the download folder, after a manual hash check, they seemed to work and I kept seeding it, but it only worked because the files had the same size, so what I wonder is

this: If the file size does not match, the hash will ignore the files, of course... now is there any way to bypass or to edit something to adapt the actual torrent to the new files? I'm asking this because I found a torrent with more than 500 peers, and no seeds, and only 0.9% is available, and I want to fix that.

Actually, there is... you might not believe it but I've done it... I've edited each file (they were MP3) so I added one second of silence at the end of each one, and copied the silence's HEX code, and multiplied it as many times as needed until they've reached the exact size, and it worked, but, after I've discovered that the files I should have fixed were way to many, and figured out it's not worth the effort, I just gave up and dropped it. Thank you for the reply, by the way.

Archived