[3.2.1 27999] uTorrent "slow" since update

justmatt

I updated my uTorrent a few hours ago from whatever the previous version was (I don't know the number, but I always hit yes when it asks). Since then, uTorrent has been slow to respond in everything it does. Double-click the icon in the system tray to bring it up, and it takes 8-10 seconds to pop up on the screen, and usually when it does it indicates "Not Responding" for another 3-4 seconds after it's visible, before it's accessible. Add a new torrent, and it takes 15-20 seconds to show up. (I just added three torrents from three different sources; they took 17, 17, and 16 seconds to show up on the list, respectively.) Even right-clicking on the system tray icon to shut down, it takes ~10 seconds for the menu to appear.

Everything else on my computer is working normally, and uTorrent is the only thing that's changed or updated in at least 24 hours.

So, I... sort of...? appreciate the reply?

Your link goes to a post that has two bad links. The first redirects to a site that has no mention of HiJackThis anywhere on it. The second is just a dead link. Fortunately my GoogleFu is strong, and I was able to locate both programs.

Since your name appears at the bottom of that post and you clearly have edit authority, here's the two places I found those programs. I figure if you're going to tersely point people to that post with no further comment, perhaps it should at least have accurate/up to date info.

HiJackThis: http://sourceforge.net/projects/hjt/

Process Explorer: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

I'll run the programs and I guess(?) repost this in the Bug Report forum with their info. I'm really not sure if that's the right place for it, as it seems more of a "µTorrent is not working properly" problem than a "Report any bugs you find here" problem. The issue is pretty nonspecific, so I was hesitant to call it a bug. If you would care to provide further guidance as to whether I should repost there or continue this thread, that'd be cool.

Archived