Another bug? Adding new torrent using magnet link doesn't follow queue

wildpig

I just about have it with the new utorrent......!!!!

Just now found out that all the torrents i added using magnet links are being queued out of order compared to those i added by using a .torrent file.

I do a lot of queing before actually asking it to start downloading. Some are added as magnet, some are as torrent files. When I hightlight them all and select start, I expect them to be started in the order that was added.

The way it worked in 1.8.5 is that when I add the torrents doesn't matter if one is a magnet link or a actual torrent file, they are started the order i added them originally....

As much frequently as 1.8.5 crashes sometimes, I feel like I have no choice but to go back as the new ver keeps messing up with what's already working well...... Suckkksssss....

Why do these programmers instead of concentrating on making things more stable they keep changing these older things that work well.... !!!!! IF it doens't really have to be changed to make things more stable and if it makes common sense, DONT FUCKIN CHANGE IT !!!!!!!

ex: i am downloading movie1.torrent (#1) and movie2.torrent (#2). I now add movie3.torrent. Movie3 shows up on the list correctly with #3. I now add movie4 via a magnet link. Movie4 shows up on the list without a #. But when I hit start, movie4 gets assigned #1. As i said, i dont have the "add to top of queue" checked so it shouldn't do that but it does.

Bad problem. Sounds to me like it wants to add all the torrents with magnet links to top of queue no matter if you have the "add to top of queue" checked or not. This option only works for adding a torrent file directly. This was not the problem when I was using 1.8.5.

I have now confirmed this on multiple times. Adding several torrent via magnet links to the list these torrents initially do not get #. As soon as I add another torrent to the list directly by adding a .torrent file instead of a magnet link, those other torrents which were just now added via magnet automatically are assigned to top of queue, displacing the older ones already downloading from their higher position, causing them to stop downloading.

Why was this not picked up?

A: Maybe no one else has the problem

B: Why are you not posting this in the MAC section of the forums?

A: are you saying that you can't replicate this problem? or are you saying that you really don't find it as a problem that when you add new torrents via magnet links, these new ones displaced the old ones in the queue and stop the old ones from continue to be downloaded. you really don't think that's a big problem? and that its extremely annoying having to go back and manually set the queue???

B: I figure that this is such an elementary and obvious problem that I must be missing something and it might just be a simple setting to change and maybe not so much as a unsolved bug..... I really can't be the first one to notice this problem......

Anyone else noticing this???

all these vers i am referring to are windows vers. I hate macs and will never use one...

And yes I am referring to ver 1.8.5 for windows as the one that would suit me the best as far as the way all the features work. Yes, it's old as hell but these basic features work the way they supposed to. The only thing is that it seems not as stable. But if i could get 1.8.5 to be more stable, i would go back to it in a heartbeat. I understand that the new vers have several new features and more stable, but why on earth screwing up something that was working fine before????

I don't have version 1.8.5 of whatever it is you are using to even TRY and replicate your "problem"

Don't know if I am not makin myself clear. This problem is in the latest ver 3.2 for windows NOT the older ver 1.8.5. Am i not making myself clear?

The older ver 1.8.5 for windows (yes, it's like at least 1 yr old), all the basic things work fine. And I was still using it up to a few days ago because it works fine. But it was not as stable so I upgrade to 3.2. And now I find that 3.2 is full of these new bugs which are annoying.... It might be more stable, but why mess with something that was working fine before>?????

By the way.

IF you are talking about THIS -> http://www.oldapps.com/utorrent.php?old_utorrent=29

You are THREE YEARS OUT OF DATE and any thing that you find wrong with that WILL NEVER, NEVER, EVER be fixed.

There is a stickied thread that says to UPDATE to the latest version before you report anything! So I suggest that you do exactly that, then APOLOGISE for 'shouting' obscenities at the members here for what is 'PROBLEM' OF YOUR A OWN MAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ciao, I am using the latest ver that you can download from here: 3.2.0.27886 (utorrent 3.2 build 27886). 3.2.1 is still beta isn't it? it's not on the link for download from here. And i just check this 5 min ago

you still really didn't understand what i have been saying all along in prior posts do you? I have been saying that this problem that I have been talking about this whole thread is when I am using the latest 3.2 ver for windows..... When i was using the old ver 1.8.5, i DID NOT have this problem with the queue.

I am sorry if i sound rude, but do you really still don't get what i am saying??

Yes it is BUT it is FAR more stable than the stable 3.2 was and 3.2.1 build 28025 is now a release candidate (RC1).

It IS greatly improved and has no major problems that i have found, your magnet problem does not happen, there is a bit of a delay while the Add dialogue populates the information, avg for me is around 30 seconds but unless you are very impatient it isn't a huge issue.

Also If you read back through the thread at NO POINT before post #10 timed at 2 hours ago did you mention that you were using version 3.2, you allude to it being "the new uTorrent" but that could mean anything at all, as there has been MANY 'new' versions since 1.8.5.

• 9 months later...

Archived