NO upload speed (Tried everything)

NvizoN

Hi.

My problem is that I CANNOT get an upload speed. I can download very fast, but uploads are non-existent no matter what torrent I try. I would like to seed, but I am unable to do so. My uTorrent is in the exceptions in Windows Firewall and my AV program, I tried turning my AV program off, I've tried turning my firewall off, UPnP is enabled in the router, my ISP is NOT throttling or shaping my bandwidth in any form. My port is forwarded in the router, the router supports everything. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, tried different computers. Changed the settings to EVERY different combination I can find on here and on Google. Nothing works. I am fully capable of uploading. It tells me UPnP and NAT-PMP is not enabled, but sometimes it'll tell me it is, and still won't give me an upload speed.

Here is my speed test results

2206584802.png

My ISP is not RoadRunner. It's a local provider, but for some reason it shows up as that on here.

I am using Windows 7 x64

uTorrent 3.2 build 27886

I am not an average user. I understand a fair amount of things regarding computers/software/network. Nothing I do can get this program to let me upload. So, I'm finally breaking down and asking for help.

Alright, after testing with a port forwarding tester, apparently my port ISN'T forwarded. Unfortunately, I can find absolutely no way to forward it. I input it in, I use portforward.com but that's useless as it gives me an IP address that my router won't accept because it's the same as the routers IP address. No matter what I do, I can't forward a port. Any suggestions there? I'd like to see if that's the cause.

Also, I noticed that I can upload, but only if I'm downloading. Even then, it's only the one I'm downloading.

Look, I need help here. It never had this problem. It only started just recently. Port Forwarding doesn't work, and it was never needed for me before. I plugged it directly into my modem, bypassing the router, and it still doesn't upload. It uploads really fast (in the 200kb/s) when I'm downloading, but once I stop downloading, the seeding stops instantly. I can't figure this out, tons of people are having this problem, but not a single fix works for me. It started suddenly. I've tried resetting the router to factory settings: nothing. Plugged directly into the modem: nothing. Changed my router connection type from DHCP to PPPoE and Static IP: Nothing. Any REAL help would be nice. Not trying to be rude or whatever, and I appreciate the help, but this is baffling, and I'm not getting any REAL answers.

I thought I had. I provided all the details. Build number, OS, descriptions of the problems as precise as I could get them. I'm not getting any incoming connections. But here are the screen shots of various pages:

Torrent 1: torrent1ek.png

Torrent 2: torrent2m.png

BitTorrent Screen: bittorrentscreen.png

Setup Guide Screen: setupguide.png

NAT-PMP and UPnP are both enabled in Router AND uTorrent. But it doesn't work even with the router being bypassed. At the time of the failure, the green check mark is in the lower right corner of uTorrent. It goes back and forth between red, yellow, and green. Never uploading.I have also tried it with both "Allow Incoming Legacy Connections" checked and unchecked. And protocol encryption disabled, enabled, and forced. Anything else?

No, the port is set. I've tried numerous different ports though. And I've done the same thing by plugging the laptop directly into the modem without the router at all. It still doesn't work. It does this on multiple computers on my network, but it never did before. It just randomly started.

EDIT: I just used PortForwards Static IP tool to make this computer have a static IP address, and it sort of works. I now have ONE torrent uploading at a max of 2kb/s. So that's something. I forwarded the port in the picture a few posts back, and set it to the static IP *.122. It's making SOME connections, but not many. Is there something I'm missing here?

EDIT 2: If I take the upload limit off (set it to 0,) sometimes it will spike to 4.5kb/s. Never higher. But it just hovers around 2.

Sorry, but bump. My problem is still not fixed.

If I understand you correctly, your port is still *not* open. If so, plus you were not able to fix it with *your* router, portforward, and the other 1000 guides on the Internet - there is nothing much we can do here.

Good luck!

It works a bit now, but it drops in and out. I set my static IP, forwarded the port to that IP, and it still tells me the port isn't open. HOWEVER, I was able to get up to about 200kbps upload last night, but it will randomly drop in and out, but it tells me I still have connections. I don't know if there is something so trivial that I'm overlooking, but I'm stumped.

I'm wondering if I have an incompatible router or if I should use a third party firmware. I have Linksys E4200 v1.

You could try to do the static ip/port # for your portforward settings manually and disable the upnp and nat pmp.

For the static ip check ipconfig /all on windows and use that ip for portforwarding purposes in your router.

Also recheck your firewall exceptions and anitivirus allowances.

I've tried all of that. I've done it directly from the router, I've tried recommended settings, preferred settings, etc etc. I know it isn't my ISP because this problem just recently started. It isn't my router either because the problem started about a month after we got it. And since it does it on multiple computers, I'd have to say SOMETHING isn't meshing right with uTorrent. But I'm not sure what I'd be since I tried uT on multiple versions all the way back to 1.8.3 and had the same problem. So why this started all of a sudden for absolutely no reason, on multiple computers, is beyond me.

multiple computers on my network

I have a feeling it's an ip/port misconfiguration somewhere along the line!

If you run utorrent on more than one pc on your network then each instance needs to be configured to have thier own static ip on windows, port exceptions in utorrent and router, etc.

Also each instance of utorrent uses part of your total bandwith on ALL pc's on your network.

I figure I'd mention this just in case!

My ISP is not RoadRunner. It's a local provider, but for some reason it shows up as that on here.

???

Archived