uTorrent makes me lag at low upload speeds (100-500(?)ish kB/s)

Peleboy

Well yea. uTorrent makes me lag insanely much if I upload at 100-500ish kB/s on a torrent. I haven't confirmed where the lag start to drop off so I'll just say 500 for now. I know for sure that at 1MB/s and upwards there is no lag whatsoever. I just tried to update aswell but without luck as far as fixing the problem goes. Anyone knows what is going on? Kinda annoying when I'm watching a movie or something and everything drops to barely 1fps.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: So I checked the cpu usage when seeding a torrent at 300ish kB/s and it spiked to max 10% usage (which I still think is alot but it shouldn't be enough to make me lag like that)

Yes I do, but this still doesn't change the weird fact that I lag with 100-500ish kB/s and NOT at 1MB/s.

I do imagine that there is some weird magic going on here that someone knows how to stop. I'm forced to limit the upload at times because I won't go over the mark to not lag.

some weird magic going on here that someone knows how to stop

Maybe bit far more info is needed to narrow the problem down or to try to reproduce the problem

Lets start with client version and build, Operating system, and how many torrents are running and the upload slots you have set.

Archived