Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kevincop

3.2.1 - How to turn off ads, except for the silly Upgrade banner

I cannot thank you enough! Disabling the settings really worked and my utorrent is now ad-free! Yahoo!! Thanks again, everyone. I also registered to tell you how grateful I am for your great advice. At least those stupid ads are gone.

charlie456 from Canada  :) :) :)

Simply close and restart utorrent!! This preferences have you set to False:

Advanced Settings
---
offers.featured_content.badge.enabled
offers.featured_content_notifications_enabled
offers.featured_content_rss_enabled

Hidden Advanced Settings
---
gui.show_gate_notify
gui.show_plus_av_upsell
gui.show_plus_conv_upsell

gui.show_plus_upsell_node

It's return to enable and "Upgrade to Pro" it's back and it's impossible to hide this!

Beasly, on 26 Oct 2014 - 05:24 AM, said:snapback.png

I figured out how to fix it so that it works again :D. Just make the settings.dat, settings.dat.old, and settings.dat.new read only after you follow Beasly original instructions.

Windows Locations: C:\Users\LOLZ\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\settings.dat

I have attached mine. You shouldn't need them though.

Cheers,

forever

Nahhhh bro... this don't work lol ... i have all 3 files set to read only and it still resets every time utorrent is restarted. I wonder if anyone has an actual solution yet... i can deal with this shit for now since it's only the stupid upgrade to utorrent words only sign on the panel...still annoying though i guess

"Upgrade to Pro' is still present for me too... And with a bad italian translation now! Appalling!

"Aggirona a pro" --> "Aggiorna a pro"

Please, if you want destroy one of the best torrent software with ADS, make it without error...

The uTorrent developers make money through ads and those who purchase the pro version. As you can see they modify the code to prevent ad free work arounds for the free version. It will always be an uphill battle to fight the ads.