Select individual files and start torrent not working correctly

Mbwakali

I recently installed utorrent 3.2.1 and as in the past I have it set to open the dialogue box to see all the files in a torrent, select the ones I want, and then click start torrent. However, when I deselect files and click start torrent, the torrent does not start. It remains in my queue. Further more, the files I deselected are still set to download, and I have to go through and again click on each file and click do not download.

What's the fix for this?

I'm using the 3.2.1 28086 version. Have just downloaded a file and deselected the three text files that came with it, but when I look in files in uTorrent is says they have 100% downloaded and the download bar is green, but when I check where the downloads go I only have the files I selected there and no text files. Anyone got any ideas on this.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm using the 3.2.1 28086 version. Have just downloaded a file and deselected the three text files that came with it, but when I look in files in uTorrent is says they have 100% downloaded and the download bar is green, but when I check where the downloads go I only have the files I selected there and no text files. Anyone got any ideas on this.

If the deselected files share a piece with a selected file they HAVE to be downloaded, check the "first piece" and "# pieces" columns in the files tab to see the overlaps.

My post was some time ago and now realise why it does it. There could be a major problem here for those that have a cap on their usage as many do, as, in theory, they could try and pick an individual file from a very large download and end up downloading the entire thing just to get the one file they actually wanted. I chose to download a file the other day and it also downloaded the subs and PART of another file that I didn't want, although as before they didn't show in my final download folder, but couldn't understand why uTorrent would download part of a file, surely if the file was connected to the other, then the whole file would be connected to the other, not just part of it. I'm also unsure, like many others I suspect, as to why one file is shared with another. I have always thought that each file was separate, .srt .avi etc, hence it used to be that you just downloaded the one you wanted and other files were skipped, they certainly showed as separate after downloading.

Archived