Do you use a 2.x or older version of uT?

naiduv

no use coz it is inbuild into the program.

chk ur temp folder,u will find it running.

Seriously, what are you talking about? I'm watching via Process Explorer and when I open μTorrent, nothing else starts running... Care to elaborate -at least send prive msg...

I have auto check for updates disabled and DHT enabled only for new torrents, while I still see some unexplained traffic on the main executable, I simply cannot know what can be. Other processes, though, none.

Which Temp folder? The C:/Windows/Temp, C:/Users/blabla/Temp Internet Files or what?

BunndleOfferManager.dll

http://www.dslreports.com/r0/download/2048854~0c4f8fd28851ec0478d299a4bfdce336/Bunndle.log

It's from all the adware/crapware upon utorrent installation. Seems like you were not careful enough to untick all that unecessary junk during the installation of uTorrent!!!

This sounds logic... The last step is tricky in order to consfuse you. You should press "decline" while it seems like the normal EULA we usually get by other software that we've to press "accept" in order to proceed. Maybe somewhere there you were consfused and one of the 3 crapware has been installed on you.

If you just place the uTorrent executable where you want it along with settings.dat the installer will never run. From what I can tell that's pretty much all it does anyway. I've been doing that for years, maybe that's why I never see any of the toolbars or adware or whatever that so many complain about.

ppl, u r out of space.

pls do not assume tat im careless.

u r not aware tat there r such adwarz running wo ur permission.

Considering you're using twitter talk in an area that doesn't need it, and the fact that you're making accusations without actual proof, I'd say you ARE careless.

I'm not assuming it, you're just proving it to me.

Went back to an older version in the 2x series. 2.2.1 (25302)

My main reason was because the new 3x series uses multi-labels and I can not find a way to turn them off. The multi labels messes with the WebUI and give you 'ghost' torrents in torrent count of your labels. This is because when you change the label in teh WebUI, it changes the 'Primary' label but leaves the old one, so the torrent moves on the screen but is still counted under both labels.

After reading these posts, figured 2.2.1 (25302) was my best bet for speed and stability. I was using 2.2 (something) before and never had issues with it. Only upgraded because I thought the new one would be better.

• 1 month later...

2.2.1 build 25130 because it is in general stable and fits my needs. The versions 3.x that I tried had a maths bug that allowed it to be set so it coud be set to have zero upload connections which breaks it as far as bittorrent good neighbour standards, in other words can be set to be a 100% leech without penalty imposition for being a selfish git! Such behaviour risks those client id strings being blocked by swarms for being known non-contributing clients. Plus all the bloat being added to 3.x versions. I always chose this program because it was small in name (micro Torrent) and in executable footprint and resource usage. Adding media players and all the other stuff is just not of interest to me. BTW when I reported the max upload connections count bug it was dismissed and waffled around and no indication of if it ever would be addressed so I have not bothered trying later so called stable 3.x versions.

IMHO upto 2.2.1 are fit to be called µTorrent, but 3.x should be mTorrent for milli not mciro :P

• 2 weeks later...

Archived