Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveUT

µTorrent 3.2.2 beta

In the Add New Torrent dialog box of the current beta, 28326, why is the is the date/time incorrect?

It's 40+ years out.

(This may have been happening previously but I've only just noticed today).

ANT.jpg

I can't understand, so many builds are released, but uTorrent has no fixes or improvements. Only new bugs are introduces.

Add torrent dialog — disfigured.

Main font — disfigured.

Open main window from tray icon click — not working after some time of running.

The date on the "Add Dialogue" is the torrent creation date NOT the current date, and "1/1/1970" is the Linux/Unix epoch date that equates to a date serial number of 0. What you are seeing indicates a problem on the BitTorrent client that originally created the torrent.

I am using the same build on Windows 7 and do not see any font problems, how, when and where does this manifest itself?

Similarly with the Sys Tray icon click.

In Preferences -> UI Setting are both:

[] Single click on tray icon to open.

[] Always activate when clicked

Checked?

The date on the "Add Dialogue" is the torrent creation date NOT the current date, and "1/1/1970" is the Linux/Unix epoch date that equates to a date serial number of 0. What you are seeing indicates a problem on the BitTorrent client that originally created the torrent.

Righto. Thanks :)

I am using the same build on Windows 7 and do not see any font problems, how, when and where does this manifest itself?
Everywhere. Tahoma now using in main window, preferences window, add torrent dialog. Only file panel and menu still using Segoe UI.

image.png

Similarly with the Sys Tray icon click.

In Preferences -> UI Setting are both:

[] Single click on tray icon to open.

[] Always activate when clicked

Checked?

My setup is only [single click on tray icon to open] checked.

From 3.2.1 version after some time of running when I click tray icon, uTorrent window don't appear, I need to right click first, than I left click and window will open.

3.2 version always open main window on click with this setup.

Critical bug in b28326:

selection of files in Add torrent dialog isn't working. All files are download regardless of select you only one file on not.

Are the deselected files in pieces that are required for other files?
Nope. "Skip" rule is not apply for files after torrent is added.

Here two illustrated steps:

image.png

image.png

On the font issue,

Do you have any translations loaded?

Yes, so what? I use this translate with 3.2 and 3.2.1, and font was system default (Segoe UI) always.

Yes, so what?

Just covering all the angles to help isolate the problem for the developers. The more information that can be provided on what is occuring, the easier it is to find what is the cause.

Plus, there have been several display issues caused by using translations.
I delete translation from profile and switch to inbuild English. There are no changes, still Tahoma everywhere:

image.png

Just tested the select/deselect and the client IS NOT honouring the file selection. Definite bug.
Everywhere. Tahoma now using in main window, preferences window, add torrent dialog. Only file panel and menu still using Segoe UI.
uTorrent Help (F1) doesn't work in this latest update..

Confirmed x 3 ... :(

That is only a valid statement to make after you've coded your own BitTorrent client.

Let's try to be constructive here, not destructive.

We're talking about bug fix changes in a beta bug fix build (3.2.2) of a bug fix build (3.2) built upon 3 previous bug fix builds (3.1.1, 3.1.2, 3.1.3) not an entire client, you don't have to code an entire client to see the following:

a) There's little to no testing done before a release

B) They tend to break more than they fix.

Tell me I'm wrong Zarggg, these beta releases should be better than this, especially considering the above. It's not like ground breaking new features are being added or anything (see release notes in 3.1.x & 3.2) that would cause so many bugs now THAT I could understand.

It's just poor quality coding and I'm not the first to say so and I wish it was better.

You reckon there's going to be a 3.2.3? ;)

a) There's little to no testing done before a release

B) They tend to break more than they fix.

That's the way it is with coding software.

point a) No matter how much testing is done by developers or "alpha" tester they cannot cover every possible combination of operating systems and other application that the software has to share it's space with, or every possible hardware configuration that can exist. AND developers make the worst possible "test users" because when you have written something, you know what NOT to do, but end users try to do things that a developer wouldn't even consider possible to do with that particular application.

Same with "bugs" and "bug fixes". A real "bug" is something that happens given a certain set of circumstances that the developer had not considered could happen. And if "beta" releases were "better" they would NOT be a beta, they would be a "release candidate" or "stable" versions.

Critical bug in b28326:

selection of files in Add torrent dialog isn't working. All files are download regardless of select you only one file on not.

confirm