uTorrent Not Responding...

Finesse904

My uTorrent used to work just fine on my mac and out of nowhere it just doesn't fully open. When I click it it will act like it's opening and even pop up in my dock, but after a few moments the spinning color wheel pops up and it says application (uTorrent) Not Responding. The window won't even show. I have tried deleting and reinstalling it, but I'm getting the same problem.

Could you please send us a sample of uTorrent process?

You need run uTorrent and wait for hang. Then go to Activity Monitor, find uTorrent process there, click on Sample Process and save it. Attach created sample to email and send it to mac@bittorrent.com.

Many thanks!

Just encountered the same issue with uTorrent not working. Seems to hang. I just recently uninstalled Vuze (formerly Azureus). I have a sample of the uTorrent process that I will be sending to vadlmt :)

System info:

OS X 10.8.2

deleted uTorrent and installed the latest µTorrent Stable (1.6.5 build 27624) and then uninstalled it completely and tried the latest µTorrent beta (1.7.12 build 28240). Unfortunately, neither worked :(

Thanks in advance for the help and hard work :)

• 2 weeks later...

11.06.12. Mac OS 10.6.8, uTorrent 1.6.5: the update loads, but then the autp prompt to 'install/relaunch' starts a process of spiining the cursor, graying out the uTorrent menu: even tho i've click the menu to proceed with the install/restart - the update hangs and freezes. i've been trying for quite some time to get the update -- ant suuggestions pls? i'm not able to use uTorrent as i formerly was --- me searches for familiar aaps etc come up empty. In sys prefs, i have it cked to auto ck for updates -- but i now note that there's a choice for beta --- should i have that box checked also? ty!

Archived