Private and PublicTrackers, Magnet Links

grbyslzr

Hi there , lately I have some troubles with Magnet Links, I'm in few Private Trackers and have set utorrent in order to maintain a ratio , when I tryed to use a Public tracker like Pirate Bay with Magnet links , at fiirst instance does't work , then when turned on DHT, checked Peer Exchange ,and so on, began to work .

My question is : Am I comdemned to be always a leecher in those Public Trackers ?. Because my membership in Private Trackers is dependent of the ratio which is dependent of the setting of uTorrent ( I mean DHT turned off,Peer Exchange disabled ,and so on) I need to undo those settings for the Magnet Links.

Is anybody out there with the same issue? How does it was solved?

My current version of uTorrent is 3.2 my O.S. is Windows XP SP3, when I tryed to maintain the setting for Magnet Links to work I have some funny behavior of my client ,I mean : the yellow triangle in the right bottom corner, sometimes my seedings torrents were in red ,and nobody leechs of me.

Hope you dear fellowmates understand my broken english and give some tips to solve this trouble.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

This might be true but there is a big lack of knowledge out there or just maybe too much paranoia. Every private tracker has these rules in place and they also have measures of some kind in place that if you don't have them disabled the tracker doesn't even let you connect to any peers at all. I don't know of any private trackers that allow these to be enabled.

DHT and Peer Exchange can be disabled on a per-torrent basis, which should happen automatically when the Private flag is set in a torrent. It is not necessary to disable DHT globally to be allowed to use private trackers (at least not in my experience), just make sure DHT and Peer Exchange are disabled in a private torrent's properties before starting the torrent.

Archived