Graphical Completion Progress Bar in Main Torrent View

d70

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Why not have it where you can use that pieces bar on the files tab as a bar without the Detailed Information being on? It's just a matter of moving code, no? Well, I'll concede that you have to code a bit more for multiple file torrents by making a bar that shows collective progress. I say yes to this feature.

Cheers,

Keeb.

Generally becaise said bars are just rough guides anyway; if you want to see file percentages, you should go to the files. Those bars are mostly just for eye candy anyway.

My original point is that it is utterly useless. Who knows if it'll be thrown in, though.

A yes vote from me too :)

µTorrent is so light on cpu, that i think - even if there would be such - +1-2% cpu is not much for this. But i understand it is somehow against the concept of the light fast torrent client IF it is a memory hog or it eats much cpu.

Btw, as i see in the general tab they use some sort of custom progressbar - which is may be better optimized than the standard windows one. So using that kind of progressbar we can only estimate how much it would add to the cpu usage. But, maybe i'm wrong :)

what would be better was if the percentage was in bold instead,

then it would be easy to see how much a torrent is completed.

that's a better idea but why not making it as they say and everyone can decide whether to use it or not by just right - clicking on the columns' name

this has been suggested too many times before..

yes add this i like adding a little "bang" to the interfacee

i'm for it though, mostly for this reason..

µTorrent is so light on cpu, that i think - even if there would be such - +1-2% cpu is not much for this.

2% is roughly how much CPU time Azureus uses.. if you're using 2% of the CPU's cycles drawing a progress bar your code isn't very good (and ludde's is :)) personally, i can't see it having much of an impact on efficiency..

2% is roughly how much CPU time Azureus uses.. if you're using 2% of the CPU's cycles drawing a progress bar your code isn't very good (and ludde's is :)) personally, i can't see it having much of an impact on efficiency..

There is a point :)

It's a little and useful feature. It shouldn't have any impact on CPU usage, and it's hardly worth 20 comments. Just add it, and get it over with.

... and there is another :)

I vote no. It's redundant in a way that doesn't add value.

And I'm tired of these "arguments" that uT is so small and efficient that it can afford to add just another itzy-bitzy-little-please-just-this-one feature. By being careless is how you end up destroying a good thing.

Amen Slayers and Firon!

Yes, it does suck when it's "your" (where "your" may range from 0 to 1000 like-minded people) feature that is considered to be feature creep, but that's life for minimalist programs. It'd add "bang", but I don't see it adding any real value.

JigPu

Archived