Faster DSL Not Helpful?

kharlo

my dsl max speed is 120 kb/sec. i achieve that speed often on utorrent. but, the current downloading file varies from 1-100 kb/s, spending most time around 50 kb/s. rarely at 100 kp/s.

so would it be of no help to upgrade my dsl to 300 kb/s since this download rarely hits my current limit, or would it help somehow?

thanks.

so would it be of no help to upgrade my dsl to 300 kb/s since this download rarely hits my current limit, or would it help somehow?

Test yourself with a ubuntu torrent (that has good seeds). If you max your connection speed - increasing your speed will help.

so would it be of no help to upgrade my dsl to 300 kb/s since this download rarely hits my current limit' date=' or would it help somehow?[/quote']

Test yourself with a utuntu torrent (that has good seeds). If you max your connection speed - increasing your speed will help.

what is utuntu? is that a file or a torrent program? i'm not sure how that relates to me downloading a file that rarely hits my max speed. i know for files where i do max out the speed, a higher DSL speed would help. but this file rarely hits it.

thanks.

Archived