Slowdown and sound problems

Astarte

uTorrent causes Computer to slowdown to a crawl and affects sound.

Even with slow download and upload speeds uTorrent causes my 4 core computer to slow to a crawl and will cause the sound to "pop and crackle" with windows media player, vlc player, winamp etc. The only solution in these cases is to exit and reopen uTorrent. It is also noted that the program refuses to consistently apply upload speed restrictions to individual torrents, even though it will generally adhere to the preferences limits that are set.

• 2 weeks later...

Astarte- Im having the same problem as you it seems, though i only notice it when i go from hughes.net which is satilite connection to my 30mbs timewarner connection though the upload speeds would explain alot. So if you could let me know what dir you put the .dat file in it would help me greatly.

Using uTorrent 3.2.1 build 28086 on Win XP sp3. ZoneAlarm Firewall & AntiVirus.

I updated from uTorrent 3.2 build 27886, and the program ran like a (dead) dog. uTorrent window was near unresponsive.

I thought it was just a bad install. I uninstalled uTorrent completely, reboot, new install. uTorrent started off ok, I added in 4 torrents. Over time, it becomes more unresponsive - a few seconds after 20 mins, to 40-50 secs after about an hour.

Other apps (Word, File Explorer, FireFox) operate normally. uTorrent appears to perform it's file transfer taskings ok, both in background and as an active window, but is progressively sluggish in regard to it's user interface.

If the above is a known problem, I'll just revert to an earlier version. If it's me, then I'm stumped. This is a relatively fresh windows install (approx 2 months), and the new build is the only antagonist.

Archived