VPN suggestions for Utorrent? Proxy's?

unknown2012

So i use Utorrent to download things from The Pirate Bay, i am in search for a private way to download the torrents, i know TPB has an option to download anonymously but that's without Utorrent, and i don't like that. So veterans of the torrent world, how can i download without being tracked, or at least how can i download with better privacy/anonymously. I dont want to be tracked yo :o

Also it has to be free, if i had cash i would be using torrents right O.o

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to anonymize my uTorrent connection without running my entire system via VPN.

Thoughts...

1. Even if I create appropriate firewall rules to connect to a VPN, using PPTP would only 'secure' my connection to the router, and would not be independent of my existing ISP externally, correct?

2. The only alternatives may be to use a proxy server configured in uTorrent, or a system-wide VPN?

-Scott

Research setting up "Split Tunneling" if that is what you want to do.

Based on my understanding/research, that sounds about right. However, split-tunneling possible without the assistance of the VPN? I see some VPN services offering split-tunneling software to set application behaviors. Is this to say, split-tunneling is not possible with VPN's that do not have such software and abilities?

Archived