uTorrent will not download torrents

burn95

I am using uTorrent version 3.2.1 and whenever I click on a link to add a torrent using TPB nothing happens. utorrent will pop up but no torrent will begin to download. If I click on the link again I get the message "The torrent you are trying to add is already in the list of torrents. Do you want to load the trackers from it?"

I should add that links from other torrent sites will not work either. Additionally, if I try to manually add the torrent still nothing happens. However, when I use a different bittorrent client the torrent shows up and the download will begin. Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix this?

I have the same problem. This is what I've noticed, it only happens immediately following an update. I will be trying to download something and when utorrent opens it requests to update and if I agree while I am trying to add a torrent for download this error comes up when utorrent reopens and it's not on the list so I try to re add it. This is the bugger message that pops up.

Question for yall.

Does the settings.dat automatically adjust as needed when upgrading from one version to another?

The reason I ask is awhile back i installed 3.2.1 over 3.0. then proceeded to check the settings.dat and noticed that the fileguard # didn't change and there were references to the 3.0 version of utorrent.

Question for yall.

Does the settings.dat automatically adjust as needed when upgrading from one version to another?

The reason I ask is awhile back i installed 3.2.1 over 3.0. then proceeded to check the settings.dat and noticed that the fileguard # didn't change and there were references to the 3.0 version of utorrent.

Each version can only update, change or delete the settings it "knows" about.

Have you been using dual monitors? I usually hook my laptop up to a big screen, then d/c and take it around.

I was having the exact same problem, I would try to open a torrent, Utorrent would open, but the torrent details would not come up.

Then I connected my laptop to the TV again, and sure enough, on the second screen was a dozen windows of the torrent details.

Utorrent thinks the TV is still connected and puts the window on the phantom monitor, and there is no way to get it on the main one until you re-connect the TV.

• 2 months later...

I don't normally resurrect old(er) threads on forums, but this is still an issue and needs to be addressed. I run dual monitors on my desktop and had my secondary monitor die on me. Even with the monitor completely disabled in Windows, I was having this problem. Thankfully I had an old spare CRT that I could hook up temporarily in order to fix the problem. Thanks ToraToraTora for figuring this one out!

Archived