Crashing the whole comp

CarinaTK

Hello fellow pirates!

After many years of using utorrent, I've eventually gotten problems with it myself.

The last couple of months, I haven't been able to let utorrent stay open to dl/seed at all, because after letting it run more than 2 hours, is impossible. My computer just crashes randomly after around 2 hours of running utorrent.

I've tried closing other programs to see if that's the problem, but I've ended up with closing utorrent via task manager right after my PC turns back on after I've forgotten to close it after finishing a download or whatever.

So my question is, does anyone know what causes my pc to crash when utorrent is downloading/seeding?

C

Winblows 7, running uTorrent 3.2..Anything else?:P

The rest of the client version AND BUILD

Anti Virus.

Once you give some information about YOUR system and what it is running we can stop asking question and offer so genuine advice.

Currently the position is, you have rung a doctor and said "I have this pain, what is causing it"?

Oh well! Build 27708 then :P

I haven't had any trouble with utorrent or anything at all with my pc (built it myself) before, but my HDD said good night this summer, so I had to get a new one, and after that, this started happening for some strange reason.. I miss having awesome ratios cause of my seeding..!:(

So we keep edging nearer and nearer,

Is the new drive formatted to NTFS?

Is your computer swap file on the same drive?

Is it SATA I, SATA II, IDE (PATA), SCSI

Is it an SSD or EMD (ElectroMechanical)

Primary HD with OS on the same drive?

partitioned or single volume

Was it a complete new install or a drive clone?

And so on and so on.

There are so many things that can be causing "a crash" and we have no way of knowing what is happening on your computer at any one time.

I've had computer woes for a few days this last week with random "lockups" finally diagnosed it to be a damaged HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer) and the heatsink compound between the CPU and its cooler fan was drying out and not conducting heat efficiently, so odd things started happening, cleaning the old compound off and replacing it with new sorted that out, and removing all drivers in safe mode then reinstalling them rebuilt the HAL and off we go again.

Your best bet is to get somebody local to give it a once over if you are not confident enough to do it your self.

Archived