Upload Limit not respected

MaXiMiUS

I have run into this bug also. I am running 3.2.2 build 28447.

The workaround I discovered is to simply uncheck the "Apply limit rate to transport overhead." You may toggle this option while actively uploading and watch your upload rate go from unlimited to the actual limit you specified. (Also, I always override the default upload & download limit for each torrent, in case that makes any difference.)

Hope this helps the devs to track down the error, and the users to eliminate some frustration.

:)

*edit* I just installed the latest alpha version, 3.4 build 28604... (the one where the about box title says "About %s", lol) It exhibits identical behavior to the build 28447 I was previously using. So, if you need upload limits, then unchecking the transport overhead box seems to be the current work around...

This is rediculious and unnecessary. This problem has been around for away to long. With all the problems and complaints, it is amazing that people must think a blazing upload speed is great. On the other hand, they simply turn upload speed to1kb/s. Kind of explains the lousy download speeds (overall). Noticed another factor in this problem: "U: currently uploading to the peer (interested and not choked) ". For some reason this flag U allows very good download speeds {from my runaway upload speed}.

Like many users I too simply registered to find out what's going on with this upload issue.

To be fair though, I think all users should be required to adhere to a minimum upload rate perhaps through the software. If you act like leachers 100% of the time or tight arses that take but don't give then you don't deserve to be a torrent participant...

• 2 weeks later...

I switched from years of using Vuze to uTorrent to give it a try.

I have tried everything I can find suggested in order to set firm upload limits from all the many google search results for what is clearly a longterm problem. No setting adjustments lead to uTorrent capping upload speeds.

I have whatever version is current @ Dec 30 2012

YES to both of these questions:

"Do you have both;

[] Apply rate limit to transfer overhead

and

[] Apply rate limit to uTP connections

checked?"

YES DHT unchecked.

There seems to be a lot of feedback, and many, many requests for help and a final solution to this but no actual solid response which is permanent and also allows the USER to control upload speeds easily and effectively. Not a leech, an active contributor, like a lot about uTorrent but CONTROL IS NEEDED BY USERS.

Perhaps in a future update the creators might actually address what is clearly an frustrating issue for users

[] Apply rate limit to transfer overhead

and

[] Apply rate limit to uTP connections

checked?"

depends on whether you want to trigger this 'bug' or not.
YES DHT unchecked.
NO if DHT is OFF you could be missing out on connectable seeds.

Did as above, so far [30 minutes] happy.

check "transfer overhead", "limit uTP". and "DHT".

No idea what "depends on whether you want to trigger this 'bug' or not." means.

Control on upload working great. I will notify if it changes.

There was no way I could seed without a limit. Sorrowful performance on admins' part. Totally disgusted on their lack of action. Thank you for your experimentation ,cantlogin. I know it cost you bandwidth to find your solution, thank you; very much appreciated.

No idea what "depends on whether you want to trigger this 'bug' or not." means.

It is what this thread is actually about.

Having "[ ] Apply .... to transport overhead" checked, triggers a 'bug' where the global rate limits will have unexpected effects or behaviours and/or be ignored by uTorrent.

Archived