Looking for simple .NET examples

Cory_Jackson

I have a private torrent site that has some odd ideas like not supporting any automation, EG RSS. I wrote a VB.NET app to monitor new torrent files which it then copies to the µTorrent drop folder when I find what I want. But I want to make some enhancements utilizing the Web API and possibly Bencoding.

For the Web API my first task I tried was to change the Seeding Goal Minimum Ratio of an existing job. But I think I’m not understanding the token authentication system. Does anyone have a simple snippet of VB.NET or C# that uses HTTPWebRequests to set a torrent job property like seed_override? Seems like it should be a simple GET request once one knows the hash. Which of course I need to figure that out too. Or if you don’t have examples pseudo-code or general description of the process would be appreciated.

Does anyone have a simple snippet, class, or procedure in VB.NET or C# that extracts text fields from the header of a torrent file. I don’t want some huge do-everything class, was hoping for something more like a simple routine to return file lists, size or whatever.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my questions.

Thank you. I am aware the forum has a search feature as I have used it extensively and I found read the post you cited before posting this message. But if you read my post carefully I was looking for a simple example. In fact I explicitly stated "I don’t want some huge do-everything class". But mainly I could not find any source code with this project to learn how to do this simple task myself without relying on another application. Could you please provide a link to the source code? I can't seem to find it anywhere in that message.

Archived