uTorrent doesn't let me pick a destination folder anymore

ketchup1001

Hey guys,

For some reason uTorrent stopped displaying the "Add new torrent" window (I don't remember exactly what it was called, but it had an option to select destination and a list of files contained within the torrent), regardless of whether I use magnet links or .torrent files. In Preferences > Directories > Location of Downloaded Files, I have "Put new downloads in:" and "Move completed downloads to" unchecked, as always. Instead of letting me select the download location, uT now simply defaults to C:\Users\[userName]\Downloads\ .

The strange thing is, I haven't changed anything in my Preferences since I setup uT almost a year ago. I was running 3.1.2, which is where this issue first appeared. To try to fix it, I tried updating (manually) to 3.2.1 (latest), but the issue didn't go away. I'm running Win 7 x64. Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Cheers :)

Update:

Figured it out. It appears I must have clicked on the "don't show this again" checkbox, which, in turn, deselected "Show a window that display the files inside the torrent in advanced mode" under UI Settings. I checked that and now uTorrent works as it used to.

Apparently, I'm a bit of an idiot :D Feel free to delete this one, mods.

• 6 months later...

Archived