How to identify torrent files and migrate them?

SparkPlugBolt

Hi,

I am on Windows 7 32 Bit now. And I will be performing a clean reinstallation of Windows, including formatting hard drive.

So I need to backup my currently downloading torrents to a USB and then resume it after reinstallation.

Now, I know where my content files are, and I can transfer them to a USB Flash Drive. But from the utorrent menu, I cannot find out where my torrent file is.

Without the torrent file, I cannot resume my torrents.

Does anyone has a fix for this?

Well, I read the article before posting here.

The article only describes how to migrate content of torrents, assuming that you know the location of the torrent file itself.

The problem I am facing is that, I know the contents directory, but I dont know where the specific .torrent file is located.

Any ideas, on how to find out where the .torrent file is?

@SparkPlugBolt, what I told you will find all files of type ".torrent". If you are looking for torrents that you see in uTorrent's torrent job list, you cannot find them because they are contained in file "resume.dat" which is normally in the default location referenced by ciaobaby. Resume.dat, along with settings.dat, need to be backed up and restored for your new installation to be able to have a chance to resume, although BEncode editing might be required.

Archived