Invalid Download State, Try Resuming

jakesterz

I'm getting the error "Invalid Download State, Try Resuming" over and over when downloading. The software won't download for more than a few minutes without giving this error. I believe it may be because the drive I'm downloading to is networked. And whenever I lose my wireless connection for even a second while downloading, it goes straight to this error. Then I have to manually resume. Is there any way to make it delay jumping to this error or make it resume automatically? Any other ideas on ways to fix this?

When a torrent is in an invalid state it will only be automatically checked on client startup, for fairly obvious reasons.

Every home wifi network I've ever had does this
Then the problem is with the wireless card of the machine that uTorrent is running on.

Does it run ok on a wired connection?

When a torrent is in an invalid state it will only be automatically checked on client startup, for fairly obvious reasons.

I don't know what this means, much less why it's obvious?

I've never seen any wireless home connection that didn't cut in and out some, but I'll check it. It's fine when wired. It's the wireless connection.

Ok.

Client startup is when the uTorrent client starts. Either at OS start or when you double click a desktop icon. click the start menu entry or by what ever other means you use to bring uTorrent into a running state.

If the automatically re-check for an invalid state on startup is "Crash recovery" should the client have been closed by a system crash or the OS being closed while uTorrent was running and had pieces that had NOT been "flushed" from memory (cache) to disk (AKA a 'dirty' shutdown).

A automatic recheck under those conditions ensures the integrity of downloaded data, as the client "knows" it is starting up from a 'stopped' state.

The client has no means of determining the stability of a network connection all it 'knows' is that there was an interruption for some reason and the data is now "dirty", so download activity is halted until such time as the problem is resolved either by the system and client or job being restarted or a 'recheck' being done to clear the "dirty" flag

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if this is too late of a post.. but I have the same message, but for definitely different reasons.

My OS on the PC which has this problem is Win 7 (which I'm sure is the root of the problem, since I didn't experience this on Win 2K/XP nearly as badly). Wired connection, all the way. Nice and stable.

This doesn't happen to every torrent, only about 1 in over 100. But it's usually ones with lots of files in it.

The torrent will run just fine, then suddenly stop after a random time period (sometimes while I'm still watching it, others over half an hour) and then show that message in the Status.

At the same time, I'll have any number of other torrents running, but none of them have any problems, don't cut out or stop, they just plug on while that one stops.

It's frustrating to have to constantly tell it to start manually so frequently (especially if it's a large file size).

Is there a way to turn on an 'auto start' or something? Where it will just re-start it unless I manually stop it or if there is an actually file-related problem? Just an idea.

Re-checking does not fix this at all. Heck, I've tried copying all the files to a new folder, then targeted those for the download location, rechecked, came out good started it up again, then it stopped again with the message. (doing that fixed the problem when I had it on Win2K/XP)

Archived