dht says waiting to log in even though internet connection is fine.

lotricia2

i recently installed utorrent 3.2.2 and i cant download anything because the dht part says it is still waiting to log in. i have tried to uninstall nd reinstall and i was using the previous version which did the same thing again. i use windows 7 home basic and my pc is an hp655. i dont know anything about proxy settings and the like so any 'very basic'info on how to tackle this problem would be greatly appreciated

China can block connection to DHT and many trackers, you need to use a VPN to get around that (at least that was my solution during a recent 9 month contract job I had in China).

If you have a D-Link router you should be able to make it revert to default English language by selecting "Remove Language Pack" on the Firmware page of the Tools menu (you might have to get somebody who reads Chinese to find the page).

We started having the same issues around the same time this thread was started.

My system works fine, the other 2 started having this issue about a week ago. Only difference is that they run WinXP Sp3, and I have Win7x64 Sp1.

On the one system I uninstalled uTorrent, deleted the settings, then manually checked to ensure all removed, reinstalled and tried again and same deal. I even tried uninstalling and installing uTorrent 3.2 Build 27636 which I had a copy of still sitting on my drive, but no change.

I did however notice that it seems to work half the time using links on ISOHunt, but when it came to EZTV, no links, torrent or magnet, seemed to work at all.

Setup Guide worked fine, no errors. Worked fine until a week ago, uncertain if was updated to the latest version of not, but I did try an old and the newest versions after uninstalled. Just used default settings, always worked in the past. COMODO firewall, tried deleting uTorrent and re-adding it with no change. I'm doubting a router issue given that the router hasn't been changed in months and mine are working trouble free, though I did recheck the settings and did a full reboot of the modem/router just in case.

Like Von Dut, I'm stumped.

Both systems are different, one Dell and one IBM, but both running WinXP SP3, COMODO Firewall, and Microsoft Security Essentials for anti-virus. Mine is Win7x64 also running COMODO and MSE. All running through a Linksys E1200 router.

Archived