Completed files only show via Utorrent

wilburr

Recently all completed files will only display in the save folder if I go through 'open file location' in utorrent. If I browse to the same location through explorer they dont show up. I've got new downloads set to HDD/name/downloads with no folder set for completed downloads. Never had this problem before. I'm running version 3.2.1 but tried unistalling it to earlier 2.2.1 with the same result. I went to 'open file location' then moved the file to a flash drive - no problem, but when I browse to the flash drive through explorer it does not display but I can browse to the same spot through utorrent 'open file location' and there it is! If I delete the completed torrent from utorrent I cant see the files at all. I have noticed also recently if I have utorrent open in the taskbar and then download a torrent it opens another instance of utorrent for the download. I've unistalled it completely (including settings) and reinstalled with the same result. Any help appreciated.

ciaobaby

The files dont appear in the folders at all, I created a new folder and downloaded to it and nothing is in there unless I browse to it with utorrent. However on checking the free space on the drive the freespace has reduced by the "missing" file size. Show hidden files and folders is checked in folder options. I also am getting warnings of low disk space when it isnt low and some other suspect behaviour. Think Im gunna clean install windows just to be safe.

Append !ut to incomplete files" checked, with "[] Pre-allocate all files" is unchecked

The files dont appear in the folders at all, I created a new folder and downloaded to it and nothing is in there unless I browse to it with utorrent.

Hmm?? That makes no logical sense at all.

This may sound patronising but is not

If you open two explorer windows, one from the start menu and one from uTorrent, are the paths displayed by Windows Explorer identical?

Do you have "Hide extensions for known filetypes" checked?

ciaobaby

I got mad and reinstalled windows which obviously fixed everything but as for the hide extensions question I never changed that and it's checked by default so that's how it would have been. I checked that I was browsing the same path to the file but to remove all doubt I put a usb flash drive in (16GB), moved one of the files (4GB) in question to it and again it would only show if I browsed from "open file location" in utorrent. I can't browse to the wrong location with that! But if I browsed to it from explorer although it didn't show the file the properties for the flash drive showed the memory reduced by the size of the file. I also move some "normal" files to the usb and they displayed no problem. I now wonder if utorrent thought the drives were full for some reason so never truly allocated the file to the drive.??

Archived