µTorrent 3.4 RC

AdamK

Not sure how social Twitter and FaceBook relate to advertising, and there are a thousand and one applications that are purchased not ad or user supported that have far more prominent "Social Media" icons and connections.

It just seems that it is one more very minor point where some people can metaphorically "bite the hand that feeds you". BitTorrent/uTorrent do not owe you, as a user anything.

Why not just report the issues

Wow, quick answer, thanks, but report is not necessary, problem is known and written on pages ago. I like that system is looks like but a assume that lower label must compare label and place and when in download window select the label then it must change automatically the place, and because of that i made conclusion that labeling system still doesn't work :)

speed shown in utorrent is 1.6mb/s

uTorrent shows speeds in MBps NOT Mbps

Yea I know but I was to lazy to verify. Even so you got my point. To much nitpicking.

Not 'nitpicking'' date=' B means bytes whereas b =means bits therefore there are EIGHT [b']b in every B which is an important distinction when comparing speeds.

The "Auto Label and Directory Rules" feature only works if the 'Show options to change the name and location of the torrent data' checkbox is enabled.

If this option is not enabled, the torrent being added to uTorrent is not given a label.

To reproduce:

1. Uncheck 'Show options to change the name and location of the torrent data' checkbox.

2. Add torrent to uTorrent.

3. Notice the Label column in the main window; the torrent is not given a label.

This behaviour happens is uTorrent v3.4 (build 30272).

Confirmed. Maybe this is the design? should it be applied also to torrents from RSS?

Well IMHO it either needs to be made clear that this feature doesn't work if the 'Show options to change the name and location of the torrent data' option is checked, or, it needs fixing. Preferably the latter, as I think the auto labelling of torrents is a really useful feature. Because I add maybe 5-6 torrents a day, I don't want to have the 'Show options...' box appear every time I load a torrent just to have the auto-labelling feature work.

Confirmed. Maybe this is the design? should it be applied also to torrents from RSS?

Well IMHO it either needs to be made clear that this feature doesn't work if the 'Show options to change the name and location of the torrent data' option is checked' date=' or, it needs fixing. Preferably the latter, as I think the auto labelling of torrents is a really useful feature. Because I add maybe 5-6 torrents a day, I don't want to have the 'Show options...' box appear every time I load a torrent just to have the auto-labelling feature work.[/quote']

The problem is that as it is now, the filter ("that includes) is too "week" thus, IMHO is not very useful . Should be at least as powerful as the RSS filter is.

Archived