µTorrent 3.4 RC

AdamK

pause button removed in utorrent 3.4 alpha build 29741

--2013-03-12: Version 3.4 (build 29315)

- Change: removed pause-button from toolbar (it's still in the context menu if you need it)

Consider this post a request to reinstate the button before this branch moves to release stage.

+1. Removing it was bonkers. Who's harebrained idea was that?!!

I see no reason why is has been removed for 3.4 whilst it's been happily sitting there since like forever.

Why not go the whole hog and remove all the buttons and do everything via context menus?

--2013-03-12: Version 3.4 (build 29315)

- Change: removed pause-button from toolbar (it's still in the context menu if you need it)

Consider this post a request to reinstate the button before this branch moves to release stage.

+1. Removing it was bonkers. Who's harebrained idea was that?!!

I see no reason why is has been removed for 3.4 whilst it's been happily sitting there since like forever.

Why not go the whole hog and remove all the buttons and do everything via context menus?

+1 you are right

Registered just to say this.

Why does utorrent 3.4 alpha open my browser, on its own, to post ads? I may not agree with ads in the client itself but its understandable. You can do what you want on the client -- its yours anyway. But to hijack the browser so you can post ads is unforgivable. That is already a malware behavior.

You might be trying to develop uTorrent but you are heading in the wrong direction.

Registered just to say this.

Why does utorrent 3.4 alpha open my browser, on its own, to post ads? I may not agree with ads in the client itself but its understandable. You can do what you want on the client -- its yours anyway. But to hijack the browser so you can post ads is unforgivable. That is already a malware behavior.

You might be trying to develop uTorrent but you are heading in the wrong direction.

Ditto here. Silent upgrades aren't cool, popup ads are super-uncool.

I guess everything blank in the info, files, peers, tackers, etc. tabs is not a big deal and what's up with the huge searchbar.

3.4 Alpha 29765

http://img3.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/17786/17786070550868245e69c7b339eed229ce81bdf0.jpg

same here no info shown and 2nd thing add torrent dialog still disable by default

check these threads for more details

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=136730

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=136880

same here no info shown

Déjà vu... nothing new' date=' we've seen it all in 3.3.1... life is like a cycle...uT too...[/quote']

+1

no info, No files shown, No peers, no trackers, blah blah blah. Also stupid thing installed to %appdata and not D:/program files/utorrent like before, Who wants it in %appdata writting to your SSD all the time, This would make it an SSD killer app, Literally :D

The new 3.4.0.29765 create new problem regarding localization for UI.

Many terms that are available in langauge file and were tarnslated in 3.3.1 are now untranslated (the language file is teh same of 3.3.1 RC).

I sent an email with screenshoot. No one anwser.

We should there a more activities about the error report (by the development team).

In 3.3.1 and 3.4.0 there some items not translated in teh UI and not available in language file

Automatically install updates

Notify me before install updates

Updates && Privacy

Theese are items of Settings panel.

Using 3.4 alpha build 29785, I have the same problem with none of the files, info, peers etcetera tabs showing any information. I would also like to know how to make uTorrent install itself for all users into Program Files instead of installing into my profile in AppData.

I would also like to know how to make uTorrent install itself for all users into Program Files instead of installing into my profile in AppData.

Move the entire folder to where you prefer it be so it becomes an "encapsulated installation".

• 2 weeks later...

My location in set up constantly disappears and I have to reset the set up every time I go to download. set up will recognise my location and a minute later I have to do the set up all over again. this didn't always happen until the last 2updates... please help because it is so annoying and I am beginning to think of moving to another downloader....

Archived