µTorrent 3.4 RC

AdamK

Strange... Previously, one look at the forum's "Announcement" section was enough to see the latest builds in *all* releases (=@the threads topis).

Now you have to:

1. go into each thread,

2. Look for a changelog/build #

3. Ask yourself - was if forgotten ("as usual") ? Or try and download each version again to examine the build #

4. go to the main download page, and look in there

5. Possibly see the new build(s) and wonder 'what was changed' ... :(

Seems a bit odd...

No new features I suspect.

So, you want new features when the old ones are not yet stable?

Doesn't matter what is changed.. it's going to be unstable regardless, you know that. At least make an effort adding something new, shouldn't that part of the development cycle if it spans close to a year?

Can't expect me to believe they've already added all the planned features to 3.4 when the first Alpha was released and then set about spending 3/4 of a year just fixing the bugs from those added features before they attempt to add more new features which would result in another 3/4 year wait for a new version? Oh wait..... that's exactly what happens, maybe that's why I mentioned it. :P

... And they are actively updating. Just not attending to my reported issues. Yet...

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=739260#p739260

When 3.4 is stable/beta/RC, we'll check them in this release as well... see what's *really* new...

Actively updating the amount of bugs they're tracking more like.

Cool, if everyone hasn't lost interest waiting for a year sure, we can look at the changes..

Shouldn't take long.

No new features I suspect.

So' date=' you want new features when the old ones are not yet stable?[/quote']

Doesn't matter what is changed.. it's going to be unstable regardless, you know that. At least make an effort adding something new, shouldn't that part of the development cycle if it spans close to a year?

Can't expect me to believe they've already added all the planned features to 3.4 when the first Alpha was released and then set about spending 3/4 of a year just fixing the bugs from those added features before they attempt to add more new features which would result in another 3/4 year wait for a new version? Oh wait..... that's exactly what happens, maybe that's why I mentioned it. :P

... And they are actively updating. Just not attending to my reported issues. Yet...

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=739260#p739260

When 3.4 is stable/beta/RC, we'll check them in this release as well... see what's *really* new...

Actively updating the amount of bugs they're tracking more like.

Cool, if everyone hasn't lost interest waiting for a year sure, we can look at the changes..

Shouldn't take long.

+1. :P

Utorrent 3.4 Alpha build 30027 - problem renaming torrents

When pressing F2 to rename torrent, an empty textbox appears to the left of the current torrent name, in an odd / wrong place. The current name is not present in that box. Typing anything removes the current name and replaces it with whatever you type.

Archived