µTorrent 3.4 RC

AdamK

I just upgraded from 3.3 to 3.4 alpha. I just tried moving the torrent order around by using the toolbar up and down arrow toolbar icon. It works, but only once. I was expecting the torrent I selected to remain selected and allow me to move the torrent(s) up or down when I click on the toolbar icon. This is not happening for me as the highlight on the torrent disappears after the up or down click of the toolbar icon.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jb2f563pihl68zf/ss-20130831-203252.png

This issue is currently in 3.2.3

Which is unsupported at these forums

AND this thread is about version 3.4

But 3.4 is the development version, they're not going to patch 3.2.3 or 3.3 for this issue are they? :P

The WebUI version hasn't changed versions at all you understand, so this could be version 5.0 and it's going to have the issue. But really just to make this post more relevant and to also prove a point to you I grabbed 3.4... and guess what? It did the exact same thing.

No surprises there, guess I can get support for this now aye? :rolleyes:

AUDI-A4 wrote:

Seems like 2nd method of generate revenue from bundle torrents after ads.

It's been over a year and they are definitely not standing by their word. I guess they told us what we wanted to hear...In fact they said no new features and guess what....More new features!.....It's all about the almighty $$$

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=123284&p=1

bigfalls (Moderator) wrote:

1) 3.0 and "bloat"

As some of you know, we have listened – Firon, myself, developers, others - to those of you distressed over the past many months about what you consider bloat in 3.0.

Response: In the past six months, the team has been dedicated to everything BUT new features. And no new features are planned. Instead you've gotten improvements to existing features, bug fixes and performance improvements, which I've named previously.

New information: We will be removing Apps in a near-future release because they've not been a success among our user base worldwide. Similarly, we will evaluate other existing features. We know that not every one of our features is a success, and our goal is to ship a slim base product with only those features users like and use.

Beyond this, we hear the calls among many of you for a µ that is smaller and meaner than the current µ. Something like 1.6, 2.0 or similar. Over the past year, we’ve discussed various paths to getting there and are taking this request seriously.

Bigfalls wrote: post #51

Reading through all of your posts...the theme of fast and light and a return to the spirit of past µT clients is a fairly universal desire among other conflicting opinions. You will see changes in this direction as I've mentioned in previous posts. I know talk is cheap, so by all means judge us by our actions.

AUDI-A4 wrote:

Seems like 2nd method of generate revenue from bundle torrents after ads.

It's been over a year and they are definitely not standing by their word. I guess they told us what we wanted to hear...In fact they said no new features and guess what....More new features!.....It's all about the almighty $$$

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=123284&p=1

bigfalls (Moderator) wrote:

1) 3.0 and "bloat"

As some of you know, we have listened – Firon, myself, developers, others - to those of you distressed over the past many months about what you consider bloat in 3.0.

Response: In the past six months, the team has been dedicated to everything BUT new features. And no new features are planned. Instead you've gotten improvements to existing features, bug fixes and performance improvements, which I've named previously.

New information: We will be removing Apps in a near-future release because they've not been a success among our user base worldwide. Similarly, we will evaluate other existing features. We know that not every one of our features is a success, and our goal is to ship a slim base product with only those features users like and use.

Beyond this, we hear the calls among many of you for a µ that is smaller and meaner than the current µ. Something like 1.6, 2.0 or similar. Over the past year, we’ve discussed various paths to getting there and are taking this request seriously.

Bigfalls wrote: post #51

Reading through all of your posts...the theme of fast and light and a return to the spirit of past µT clients is a fairly universal desire among other conflicting opinions. You will see changes in this direction as I've mentioned in previous posts. I know talk is cheap, so by all means judge us by our actions.

How can we expect new features based on our requirements,If the goal of this company to earn money.I know revenue is good thing.But everything is for money rather than user requirements is not good.

We have seen there was no Changelog in the previous versions of utorrent 3.4.Because they have been working on bundle torrents for past 5 months.They have told us.utorrent 3.4 would have updatable torrents feature in future.Seems like They were telling a lie about updatable torrents feature.Main focus of utorrent 3.4 to implement bundle torrents.This bundle torrents feature will go upto stable version which is totally useless feature for us.We dont want this useless feature.

In other words uTorrent loses its shine day by day.

I don't think any of us here expects a changelog and even if it was available it would have one.. maybe two bug fixes if you're lucky. A solid weeks work.

Speak for yourself...

I think EVERY release should have a change log. Listing those "one.. maybe two bug fixes" should be easy enough. Let's people know what to test, or if the changes are even something worth the DL.

In other words uTorrent loses its shine day by day.

Exactly. Just compare uTorrent 1.7.7 to uTorrent 3.3.1

With uTorrent 3.3.1, I've had 'Disk overload' multiple times where my PC just locked up, and the only thing to fix it was shutting the PC down. I never had this issue with 1.7.7 or basically any uTorrent version older than v.3.0.

I don't think any of us here expects a changelog and even if it was available it would have one.. maybe two bug fixes if you're lucky. A solid weeks work.

Speak for yourself...

I think EVERY release should have a change log. Listing those "one.. maybe two bug fixes" should be easy enough. Let's people know what to test' date=' or if the changes are even something worth the DL.[/quote']

Seconded. I'm a huge proponent of detailed changelogs with every release.

Not necessarily source diffs, where we see the actual code that changed (with uTorrent being closed-source, I doubt they would do that anyway), but summarize each change that was made. If it's just code refactoring, then they can say that and tell us what module it's in, but other than that, I'd like to know exactly what feature is being changed/updated/fixed/removed/etc. Even the "bad" features.

I'm still using this client because it feels like the best one for my needs... even with the questionable stuff.

Speak for yourself...

You failed to grasp what I was getting at here. The reason why nobody expects a change log is because most of the time there never is one. The amount of times people have asked "where is teh changelog?" is by no means a small number' date=' hell you'll find me asking the same thing.

It's been over a year and they are definitely not standing by their word.

Nice to see people coming to the same conclusion. I expect we'll see other clients start to pick up in popularity.

I expect we'll see other clients start to pick up in popularity.

Any you think other clients do not have issues?... :P

uTorrent + my settings is the best there is' date=' changelog or no changelog ... :)[/quote']

Is there any software that doesn't have a single issue bar Nasa's space flight software? :P probably not.

The point I'm getting at is best client or not, something's bound to overtake it.

There's only so long you can stand still in a race before you lose your position.

Any you think other clients do not have issues?

qbitTorrent 3.0.11 has far worse performance problem with finding peers, jobs stalling, hanging on shut down and interminable checking on restart, than uTorrent does currently, though to be fair the problems do seem to derive from libTorrent bug(s).

Guess I'll hold off trying out qbitTorrent for awhile then..

BTW devs a tracker column in the webUI would be quite helpful. Also have you guys sorted out why in the WEBUI the seeds and peers aren't updated for every torrent? Most just say 0/0 with only a few updating, there's no problems in the actual client.

why in the WEBUI...

hmm... my teamviewer|logmein "webui" seems to function flowlessly... ;p

I prefer the WEBUI most of the time, it's quicker than using Teamviewer which I also use occassionally when the WEBUI doesn't cut it (setting torrent locations) which I admit would be bloody nice to have in the WEBUI also.

But anyway that doesn't detract from the fact the WEBUI isn't doing something it should.

Not updating all the torrents regardless of whether there's a "better" option is still something that should be corrected.

One more thing, when we will get the ability to move files automatically based on their label (after download)? Constantly moving things around, you don't always set labels before they finish downloading.

Archived