µTorrent 3.4 RC

AdamK

Rafi wote:

Another beta test build that is no longer there...

30246 beta is indeed there for download...You should really try before being so Gung-ho.

mike20021969 wote:

The download links are a bit of a lucky dip/Russian roulette sometimes as to what build you get.

Rafi wote:
Another beta test build that is no longer there...

30246 beta is indeed there for download...You should really try before being so Gung-ho.

mike20021969 wote:

The download links are a bit of a lucky dip/Russian roulette sometimes as to what build you get.

Not here it isn't!

UK - 15:25 UTC

Be careful using these phantom? builds. I notice that they seem to all be the same size (1,065,296 B) or (1041 kB in explorer)

Looking back I detected three different builds, 30039-Alpha, 30242-Alpha & 30246-Beta (might be more, but I don't have them).

One hypothesis is that they grabbed an earlier build and are just changing its internal version data to test their Silent auto-updating etc.

See Gugolplex Post #530

One hypothesis is that they grabbed an earlier build and are just changing its internal version data to test their Silent auto-updating etc.

Build numbers are automatically updated/incremented by the CVS / compiler when the source code is built (=compiled) into an executable file.

Build numbers are automatically updated/incremented by the CVS / compiler when the source code is built (=compiled) into an executable file.

Yes I understand how that works internally for developers, but I do not understand:

a) how that links to end users on the web (uTorrent etc) (Not my field) for released versions?

B) how/why multiple web releases on the same download link are allowed, one documented, one undocumented, with a large difference in size?

c) how/why an Alpha build can be inserted in a Beta sequence on the Web?

d) why three (or possibly more) Web undocumented releases with different builds (diff > 200 to date) have exactly the same size. Statistically suspicious.

Yes I understand how that works internally for developers, but I do not understand:

a) how that links to end users on the web (uTorrent etc) (Not my field) for released versions?

B) how/why multiple web releases on the same download link are allowed, one documented, one undocumented, with a large difference in size?

c) how/why an Alpha build can be inserted in a Beta sequence on the Web?

d) why three (or possibly more) Web undocumented releases with different builds (diff > 200 to date) have exactly the same size. Statistically suspicious.

Not particularly "suspicious" for distrubuted systems, I don't imagine for one minute that there is only one, single point (node) in the versioning system that releases builds to the CDN, and with the frentic pace that Alpha and Beta builds are done it's not really surprising there are anomalies in the way they appear at the public end.

And of course the only ones who actually notice this occuring, are the small percentage of users that are actively testing Alpha and Beta versions and builds so are checking on at least a daily basis for new builds. The overwhelming majority of uTorrent and BitTorrent users will not notice anything untoward because they will only be updating if and when their client informs them of a new version being available.

New 3.4 beta (build 30255) released!

Changes:

-- 2013-10-22: Version 3.4 (build 30255)

- Change: Handle update on client shutdown.

- Fix: incorrect text vertical offset of custom listview label

- Fix: Incorrect text offset for torrent name

- Change: Show client name and revision in About dialog title bar

- Change: Use pause icon in place of stop icon

New 3.4 beta (build 30255) released!

Changes:

-- 2013-10-22: Version 3.4 (build 30255)

- Change: Handle update on client shutdown.

- Fix: incorrect text vertical offset of custom listview label

- Fix: Incorrect text offset for torrent name

- Change: Show client name and revision in About dialog title bar

Just to report high CPU usage (100%) since this update installed a few hours ago. Not happening in any of previous 3.4 betas.

Wolf

uses pause icon but functions as stop and has "Stop Torrent" as a tool tip. I dunno.. maybe be more consistent. might as well change the function of pause to be identical to current stop and call it pause and get rid of stop entirely.

Didn't see anything in any of the release notes, but remote access appears to be broken in build 30226.

It just sits and says "Connecting..." then after a few minutes puts up an error that it is being blocked (worked fine in 3.3.2). Also, some of the error message contains Chinese characters?

I've tried reinstalling from scratch just to verify. No change.

Build 30255 still broke for me, anyone else? Windows Pro 8.1 here, if that matters.

=>exactly, use pause icon in stop function.

nonsense.

most ppl will think it is a bug.:mad:

But it works?????

If the torrent is Queued Seed nothing happen, I have to Force Start and then Stop to stop a torrent!

Archived